Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:47:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDwarf Block
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Block  (Read 9150 times)
andy wolff
Level 10

-------

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2019, 08:19:14 PM »

Looking good, Perfoon. I admire your productivity. Good luck with ongoing development.

Perfoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 12:26:52 PM »

Thank you Pitxardo and Andy!

Week #17 (update)
Feedback system

The Ludum Dare 44 game jam is starting very soon. So I'm sure I won't have enough time during the weekend for dealing with the devlog. Instead, I'm going to release this week's update right now.

Feedback system implementation
After the user submits the feedback, Unity creates a POST request to my PHP server. The server validates the request and saves it to the database. The feedback webpage itself is put together with HTML using jquery templates. When the user searches for feedback it makes an Ajax request against another PHP file in the background. The resulting table row is also put together with jquery template. As you can see, I like javascript Wink

Working on a game Dwarf Block (DevLog)
Cruckz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2019, 12:42:17 PM »

Heya dude love how this has come along, I liked the voice over I say keep em coming!   

Perfoon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2019, 03:04:21 AM »

Heya dude love how this has come along, I liked the voice over I say keep em coming!   
Thanks mate! Apparently, I didn't manage to keep them coming, adding voice-overs also adds its toll. But hopefully, I could continue making a video every second week.

Week #20 (update)
Battle Scenarios

Because I have not seen a similar game mode in other games, it raises a question about how to design it such that players will understand it. There are still some design issues I need to solve.
Design issues:
  • Players have to know that they need to complete all the steps before starting the game. But at any time they can also go back to previous steps.
  • Players have to know that the cost is what they have to minimize.
  • Players have to know what are their options in the menu.
  • Players shouldn't be able to cheat by killing all the enemies by themselves. I'm considering adding a time limit in a similar way of how it is done in Spelunky for example.
So if you watched the video and have any suggestions I'm happy to hear them out Smiley

Working on a game Dwarf Block (DevLog)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic