Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:41:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFirst person wizarding puzzle game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: First person wizarding puzzle game  (Read 523 times)
SSCharles
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2019, 12:30:52 PM »

www.alexandrialibrary.xyz/?T=Psmurofgit

Hi,

I'm working on this game, currently is just a prototype not really a game, but I'm looking playtesters.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:53:38 PM by SSCharles » Logged
tomgcoleman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:59:50 PM »

Had an interesting time exploring the caves and rooms.
Thank you for sharing, and providing something to explore. 
Fun to remember some geometry while at it.

There were a couple of times I went a bit too far past a torch,
and it got real dark.  Finding my way back to the light was creepy. . .
but in a fun kind of way.

The final bits felt like I was fumbling in the dark, waiting for anything to appear.
I would prefer a puzzle or exploration challenge with clues to follow rather than
needle in a haystack.

The final puzzle was fun, at first no idea what it meant, then gradually
it came together.  This is my favorite kind, well done.
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 06:47:41 AM »

Hi,

Tried the game out and it was an interesting idea. I am not sure if this meant to be educational or not. Definitely had me try and remember geometry classes.

Here is my feedback in no particular order:

• I am sure you're planning a better intro than this, but I'd suggest not starting the player into a wall he can't cross with the door behind them. I'd suggest reversing the player. At first I thought I didn't get the controls right when I mashed "W".
  • While the puzzles are interesting and scale nicely, it is the breaking of the pattern (offering hints in the first 3-4 puzzles then no hints at all) makes seem like the puzzled were bugged out
  • Would be really cool if you included some sounds when a puzzle is solved.
  • I reached a point where I turned on a torch deep into the maze/dungeon and then there was complete darkness afterwards. I kept trying to walk around but couldn't reach any location. I saw some purple wireframe cube and tried to reach it but couldn't. Wasn't sure this was a puzzle or it was a bug.
  • Loved the icons on the interactive items.
  • Despite it being fun at first, it kinda felt more like I am in a disguised quiz rather than me solving puzzles. I kinda wished that I could do something with the water flask I found. Do something else perhaps than just answering questions.

All in all, looks like an interesting game. There is potential here and I am unsure if this is aimed to be an educational game or not, if it isn't I'd say it might be a better idea to rethink the puzzles and frame them in a less "quiz" like manner.

Good luck!

kuroro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 10:20:02 AM »

Hey. Just like Vallar, I too was confused initially on what to do. I was wandering around the rooftop, and even jumped off the balcony, and ended up getting stuck below. I restarted the game, and finally realized there's a door behind me. The initial puzzles piqued my curiosity, and I thought it was a game about patterns or memorization. Then all of a sudden there were so many mathematical equations, and I got confused and had to just randomly fill in the blanks. The reward to solving a puzzle is very minimal (only lighting up the torches which reveals nothing but just another hallway with another torch, so in the end, i stopped proceeding.

The minecraft like graphics was cool, as well as the music. But right now, the puzzles dont relate well with the graphics, like a big disconnect. It felt as if the game would be better with only the puzzles or with only the graphics with different gameplay. Hope my feedback is helpful.

- msg me on discord kuroro#4245 , i can provide further feedback if needed
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic