Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:41:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Android] Please help BETA TEST my FIRST game: Birdie (an endless "flyer" game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Android] Please help BETA TEST my FIRST game: Birdie (an endless "flyer" game)  (Read 952 times)
exzizt
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:01 PM »

UPDATE
It's been about eight months since I made this post and the game has progressed a lot! I just wanted to pop by and say that the signup for the BETA is now available and everyone who signs up gets to be the first to play! It would be awesome if you joined.
Signup here: https://www.playbirdie.com/

Original post:
Hi there! I have been developing my game Birdie for about 6 months now and I think it's time it sees the light of day and gets some feedback. I really want to polish off and complete this game so it can be a good demonstration of my skills as a game developer. I love making games so much!

About the Game

I am building it in Unity and using features such as Firebase to save user data online and Google Play Games Services for authentication, leaderboards, and achievements.

The controls are simple: just tap to flap, and swipe up and swipe down to flap quickly in the respective directions.

The game is an endless "flyer": the levels are generated randomly and the player will encounter obstacles such as trees, rocks, other birds, and unicorns that they must maneuver around in order to compete for the high score. Note: You can move through the brown tree trunks/branches--just not the green parts!

There are coins you can collect while playing to purchase hats in the shop and also to dye Birdie different colours.

There are ads to help monetize the app as well as in-app purchases to buy coins.

It would mean the WORLD to me if you can help beta test and provide ANY feedback by completing the survey! Remember, you must opt-in as a beta tester by using the URL below before you can play the game!

Beta test opt-in URL: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.exzizt.Birdie

Survey URL: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_MrddjJ1okGdTo7dxhl9gpkb2WHzii0levtx2S3-BOdZvfg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thanks again!! Smiley

**BONUS** Put your username in the general feedback part of the survey and you may just get some free coins! Wink

Gameplay footage:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:42:52 PM by exzizt » Logged
exzizt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »

Still need testers! I've made a gameplay footage video if you want to check it out!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/zxTZ4BbMe8aQaCau5
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:15:22 AM »

Hi,

I am playing it now, ill give you my feedback soon.
exzizt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »

Hi,

I am playing it now, ill give you my feedback soon.

Thank you! I can't wait to hear your feedback! Please use the Google Survey if possible. Smiley
I'll be sure to give you some free coins.
kidchameleon
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:52:12 AM »

Done, keep up the good work.
exzizt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »

Done, keep up the good work.

Thanks for your constructive feedback in the survey! Reading it gave me a nice little boost. I'm interested if you could elaborate a bit about what you meant by this/what would be your ideas of solving it:

"Presentation, sound, graphics, ease of installation were great. The main problem was obstacles were not well defined. I kept crashing thinking I would be safe. Trees that were obstacles blended into the background causing frustration. Sometimes the colored "enemy" birds were nearly invisible because they were the same color as the background."

Thanks!
Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 01:29:08 AM »

Not sure if you needed more feedbacks but I've filled the form. Here is a summary of it:

> The mood and graphics are very pleasant, I enjoyed the simplicity and the balanced colours of it.

> Music feels like a track by C418 (Minecraft's composer) which is relaxing and the current sound design is nice!

> Why did you choose a landscape mode for such genre? I would go for a portrait mode (far more comfortable to play) and put the avatar a bit more on the left rather than centered (the left part of the screen does not feel used for anything as far as I've played)?

> I believe the UI could be improved. It's currently hard to understand what among the environment is an obstacle and what is not (e.g. Trees' leaves are deadly while the trunks are not.)

> The REMOVE ADS in the middle of the screen is too invasive. Why not moving it elsewhere Like in the revive screen with a little animation on the text to catch it (and maybe in the main menu as well)

> I've missed all the cosmetic items until I decided to really look for it. I think the main menu navigation could be improved as well. The need to press the "options" button should be avoided. We can easily not notice it at all.

The game was super pleasant to play and I look forward for any change/improvement you'll do in the coming weeks. Good luck with the development!
exzizt
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 01:43:17 PM »

Hey everyone! It's been eons since this post, but I just wanted to pop by and say that signup for the BETA is now available! Everyone who signs up gets to play. It'd mean the world if you registered. Cheers!
https://www.playbirdie.com/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic