Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411197 Posts in 69315 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 03:27:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Spaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]  (Read 16186 times)
RealScaniX
Level 6

Scanix (ignore the "Real", Scanix was taken)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2019, 12:34:49 PM »

need to fix a little bug first
I can relate

Oh man, you deserve more attention for this neat little game Smiley

Hehe, thank you. I was actually able to fix the bug (I hope)  Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

I've uploaded a new version to Gamejolt and itch.io.
It also contains an untested Linux version as I have yet to set up a Linux test machine, so it would be great if anyone could have a look at it. Thanks! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »

I had to chmod it to make it executable, but other than that it seems to work flawlessly

Also, damn this feels unintuitive, haha. Will be fun to try to get the hang of though! Smiley
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2019, 04:55:02 PM »

I had to chmod it to make it executable, but other than that it seems to work flawlessly

Also, damn this feels unintuitive, haha. Will be fun to try to get the hang of though! Smiley

Hey, thanks for testing! Try the casual mode (game setting) first. Smiley
It takes quite some time to be able to control the normal mode, but it feels great afterwards. ^^

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »

New teleporter sprites. They contain their own color in the center and the color of the destination teleporter in the outer circle.
I also reduced their particles to reduce the noise on the screen, especially when they are further apart.

In other news I also changed the bonus stage, so it now only appears after going through bonus gates that appear in a few levels and only open if you managed to fullfill all passenger tasks (loop the loop, be fast, etc.). The pseudo loading screens inbetween levels are now all noninteractive and only show the hints. That makes them easier to read without the stars in the background etc.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2019, 10:53:29 AM »

I've decided to move the bonus stage to its own "bonus rift" and only keep the noninteractive-hint-loading-screens (tm) between the levels.
If you made all passengers happy this might open up in some levels. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2019, 02:51:49 AM »

I've uploaded v0.65 to itch.io (http://www.spasstaxi.de)

It features a new main menu background, the bonus rifts, "loading screens" (for the gameplay tips), fixes the "Drive slowly!" passenger task and reenables the landing gear effect in casual (the new default) mode.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2019, 04:16:45 AM »

Needs more

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2019, 06:40:19 AM »

Needs more

You mean... more hedgehogs or more music? :D
I'm currently getting a soundtrack, but it is still a while until it is finished. I don't want to show the old soundtrack anymore, so lots of videos are in silence.  Shrug

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2019, 07:10:40 AM »

Just joking that it looks so much like Green Hill zone from Sonic the Hedgehog Wink
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2019, 07:11:52 AM »

Just joking that it looks so much like Green Hill zone from Sonic the Hedgehog Wink

Oh, lol. I don't remember the game that well. :D

negator2vc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2019, 07:13:36 AM »

Nice remake! While I didn't play the original game back then I did play the Ugh! DOS clone (the one with the dinosaurs)
 Grin Grin Grin

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2019, 07:35:21 AM »

Nice remake! While I didn't play the original game back then I did play the Ugh! DOS clone (the one with the dinosaurs)
 Grin Grin Grin

Hi, thank you! Yes, when I started this I could only remember Space Taxi, but afterwards I stumbled across a bunch of other games like this that I knew back then. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »

I have added the underwater chest to a test level in the underwater style.
Now I hope I am able to stop adding new mechanics and concentrate on the levels for a while. Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2019, 11:08:44 AM »

Now I hope I am able to stop adding new mechanics and concentrate on the levels for a while. Smiley
Good luck with that, I've been told that can be quite hard a temptation to ignore Wink
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2019, 11:11:21 AM »

Good luck with that, I've been told that can be quite hard a temptation to ignore Wink

What are these Le-vaels you guys talking about? How does one stop working on basic mechanics?

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2019, 12:36:19 PM »

Hehe, funny guys! But you are soooo right. ^^
It's super tempting to add new effects and mechanics, but it can also feel rewarding to have finished a few levels. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2019, 08:23:01 AM »

I managed to get back to doing level stuff after adding the new chest and finishing up the underwater shader.
The most complicated thing actually was to make it influence the level and the particles, but not the HUD. I ended up adding a mask texture to it.

So, here is my 25th level of Spaß Taxi that I finished today.
I call it "Bubble Trouble". Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2019, 12:25:25 PM »

"Fatal Attraction"
This is the first level with magnets I have finished. This will probably not be the level introducing the player to the magnets though as that one will be easier. Smiley
I have added the sprites for the magnets, but for some reason the sprite animation plays faster backwards than forwards. ^^

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2019, 12:58:31 PM »

I love the effects of those magnets.

Now seriously, you're a machine! I already thought the demo was longer than any demo should be and you still keep on making levels and introducing new mechanics. It looks like if you want to stop working at any point you already have a game ready to go!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic