Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:08:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Spaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]  (Read 16401 times)
RealScaniX
Level 6

Scanix (ignore the "Real", Scanix was taken)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2019, 09:11:17 AM »

For the one that damages the car, you could show either a red glow pulsating around the taxi, or some cogwheels particles flying off the vehicle, or some speech bubbles coming from the passenger like "I will disassemble your car", "Let's get rid of this part", "and this", "and that" etc.

For the mechanic some icon coming up of the text, like a "plus health" icon or something of the sort.

I think those speech bubbles would be a bit too distracting. Some small + or - particles sound like a nice idea, though. Thanks. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: September 12, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »

Ghost Race: Now you can select a highscore of a player who recorded his gameplay and race against his ghost through all the levels he played in that run. Smiley

What started as a gimmick has evolved into a major feature of the game. Now I need to get a new demo out there to get recordings. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2019, 01:40:40 AM »

And a demo with the new recording stuff is available. See original post or the links in my signature. Smiley

Would be cool is some people would create some recordings and highscores. Please don't be shy to enter your highscore, it's the base for other people to play the ghost race. Smiley

Red Phantom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2019, 01:52:59 AM »

Game looks like interesting! Nice art and graphics. Will give it a try soon.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2019, 02:36:15 AM »

Game looks like interesting! Nice art and graphics. Will give it a try soon.

Thank you very much! Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 14, 2019, 07:15:22 AM »

Woo! Sounds awesome, hope this will get some attention Smiley
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 14, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »

Woo! Sounds awesome, hope this will get some attention Smiley

Thank you! Me, too. Smiley
Maybe I need to stand on a chair while tweeting to get noticed. ^^

xenonii
Level 0

PolyCrunch Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2019, 03:50:33 AM »

The ghost system is great. I also played it against my own ghost.

Btw Is gamepad is supported. It seems to take input but couldn't get it to work properly.

Btw2, on Mac I need to do chmod +x of the executable inside app package, otherwise it doesn't run. Seems like zipping is not remembering the file attributes.

Developing Pyramid Plunge - a humorous roguelike platformer. Get it on itch.io https://polycrunch.itch.io/pyramidplunge
Discord server: https://discord.gg/2EHN4Fd.
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/polycrunchgames
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2019, 08:09:07 AM »

The ghost system is great. I also played it against my own ghost.

Btw Is gamepad is supported. It seems to take input but couldn't get it to work properly.

Btw2, on Mac I need to do chmod +x of the executable inside app package, otherwise it doesn't run. Seems like zipping is not remembering the file attributes.

Hi! Thanks for playing again! Smiley
It's cool, that you have left a ghost behind.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Currently it only supports the Xbox (one?) gamepad. I will add further support. It's on the list. Somewhere. ^^

Mmh... I was aware of something like this for Linux. I don't have to change the executable flag on my MiniMac and a buddy testing it on a LaptopMac only has to do that security thing as well. Will check later if something is off with the new build.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »

New Task Flash: I've added an audio hint and some little animation to upcoming tasks.

Now you don't miss it anymore if the new passenger wants to go fast (or does not want to vomit).

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2019, 07:35:21 AM »

I'm at a motivation low at the moment. But today I had the idea for a new level element. New mechanics are always motivating. And they are also the one thing that I should NOT do... ^^

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2019, 05:15:37 AM »

Spiral: The first level with the hourglass. It is used to switch the gravity here, but can trigger anything.

In combination with spikes this is... Let's just say that this won't be one of the first levels.

I'm glad I was able to finish this today after doing practically nothing for a week. :|

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2019, 06:07:38 AM »

That's clever! How does the player know what the hourglass will trigger?

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2019, 06:36:28 AM »

That's clever! How does the player know what the hourglass will trigger?

He knows after he crashed a few times. Wink
Well, there are particles that indicate the gravity switch, but they are probably not very clear. I also thought about adding the gravity arrow that is shown next to the level name when starting a level. But I couldn't find a nice place for it. Will probably let the level rest for a while and let others play it and see if it's clear enough.

But at the moment, I think that the gravity change is very obvious when you play. And I hope that players will notice that it comes right after the hourglass "ping". Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2019, 08:32:25 AM »

From the thumbnail I thought this was one of those infinitely zooming spiral things but implemented in the level Shocked
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »

From the thumbnail I thought this was one of those infinitely zooming spiral things but implemented in the level Shocked

Mmh... Will think about that... :D

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2019, 05:17:19 AM »

Checkpoint Mandy: Checkpoints are supposed to be safe places, right?

If you do it right, those explosions won't harm you, though. =P

Sometimes there are new ways to use old stuff. In this case the rockets instantly explode because of the taxi wrecks they detect. So I'm just using them as timed explosions.
As this is Mandy's checkpoint, you will have her as passenger most of the time and she will constantly repair the taxi. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03:00 AM »

I have finally added some more checkpoint levels (2 more are missing), so you will be able to save every 6 levels or so.

The custom soundtrack by Gas1312 is finished, too. You can check out the new version to listen to it. It's great! Smiley

I'm also recording the random values in the gameplay recordings now, so you will get the exact same experience as the ghost you are racing against. Those random values are used to determine whether a passenger wants you to "loop the loop", is irritated etc.

Now I will go on a vacancy and will hopefully change from tired and unmotivated to creative and productive again. Smiley

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2019, 05:22:45 AM »

I like the ghost feature. I was surprised to see it in my first play through a level though, I thought it was going to be like racing games where it shows only your best time. So it comes with the added bonus of hinting of new ways of doing things. There were a couple of lasers I thought I could not get across safely and the ghost showed me you can. So it has value for experienced players speed running against their best score and new players learning the ropes.

The level bonus entry point is great. I genuinely thought I found a bug "look.. there's a small tear there. Maybe a particle effect that didn't disappear?" WHOOOOOOSH!

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: October 15, 2019, 05:44:01 AM »

I like the ghost feature. I was surprised to see it in my first play through a level though, I thought it was going to be like racing games where it shows only your best time. So it comes with the added bonus of hinting of new ways of doing things. There were a couple of lasers I thought I could not get across safely and the ghost showed me you can. So it has value for experienced players speed running against their best score and new players learning the ropes.
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I really like the feature, too. But it was a lot more work than initially planned, because it proved to be that useful. Originally I only wanted to record and show some gameplay. Then came the "Ghost race" and with it the need to show more events on the ghost (occupied state, damage) and recording the random values to make it more of a race. BTW: There are currently no recordings with those values yet. I need to do some new runs myself. Smiley

The level bonus entry point is great. I genuinely thought I found a bug "look.. there's a small tear there. Maybe a particle effect that didn't disappear?" WHOOOOOOSH!
Thank you! I wanted some small hint somewhere, so you could find out that there will be a bonus rift in the level.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:49:10 AM by RealScaniX » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic