Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:31:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Author Topic: Spaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]  (Read 16397 times)
RealScaniX
Level 6

Scanix (ignore the "Real", Scanix was taken)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2019, 01:58:18 AM »

And one of the marketing tasks that every gamedev hates: Doing a website!

I hope it now has most of the important stuff. I also still need to learn this "responsive" thing. I ignored it before, because I hate looking at websites (or anything more complex than a clock) on the tiny screen of mobiles. Xd

http://www.SpassTaxi.de

Any thoughts? Smiley

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2019, 03:07:47 AM »

Looks great!

My thoughts while looking at it, trying to put myself in the place of someone who didn't follow this devlog: There is a demo, where is the full version? still in development? when will it be available?

Maybe add a couple of words about that, and maybe a mailing list people can subscribe.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2019, 03:24:56 AM »

Looks great!

My thoughts while looking at it, trying to put myself in the place of someone who didn't follow this devlog: There is a demo, where is the full version? still in development? when will it be available?

Maybe add a couple of words about that, and maybe a mailing list people can subscribe.

Hi!

Thanks for checking it out!

I kinda plan to really send this site around when there is a full version available.
But you are right, I should add a sentence or two until then. Smiley

Do you think people use mailing lists? I rarely put my email into those...
But I also have 0 experience in marketing. ^.^

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2019, 03:25:51 AM »

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sad
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2019, 03:30:49 AM »

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Sad

Only for invited guests. Wink

Mmh... that is weird. Did you use https? I don't have https running yet, need to use http for now.

Can you send me your IP per DM please? I'm probably blacklisting that.

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2019, 03:59:35 AM »

Honestly I don't know. I remember subscribing on occasion but I usually get my updates from twitter accounts. I think email is the safest bet though, not everyone has an account on every social network, so email at least covers all bases.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2019, 04:05:03 AM »

Honestly I don't know. I remember subscribing on occasion but I usually get my updates from twitter accounts. I think email is the safest bet though, not everyone has an account on every social network, so email at least covers all bases.

Sounds right. Will think about it. Probably too late for this one, but might add it for the next game, thanks.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2019, 05:00:28 AM »

I do have an extension that forces https on everything, it's probably that. I'll wait until that works and if it's still broken I'll PM you
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2019, 05:35:20 AM »

I do have an extension that forces https on everything, it's probably that. I'll wait until that works and if it's still broken I'll PM you

SSL is active now. All should redirect to https now. I still think it is the IP filter, but I should get an email if someone is blocked now. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2019, 02:46:35 PM »

Instead of sliding on invisible rails, the passengers can walk now.
It looks kinda silly (silly walking? anyone?), but I like it better nevertheless. Smiley

There are only 3 frames, so the sprite count per style only went up from 6 to 24.

This is a first test and the sprites for him are not final, but they will look like this.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2019, 02:38:15 AM »

I think the "drive me to where I just came from" is a lot sillier than their walk Tongue

Website is finally working for me btw!
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2019, 04:14:55 AM »

I think the "drive me to where I just came from" is a lot sillier than their walk Tongue
Hehe, yes. But that is just for testing. Or is it? :D

Website is finally working for me btw!

Thanks! Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »

And just three months later (ok, it was probably just a day, but it felt too long), I have a 4 frame walk cycle for all passenger types... of the first style.

To make it look better in the game, the passengers move slower now. This way honking gets more important, too. Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 17, 2019, 02:30:50 AM »

That does look a lot better!
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: November 17, 2019, 05:35:44 AM »

That does look a lot better!

Thank you! It's a lot of work though. I still have to animate the "jail" style and have to change 30 sprites for every new style that I add in the future (or 25 if I skip the guy that normally only appears in the tutorial).

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 18, 2019, 10:12:58 AM »

This took longer than necessary. I initially wanted to just do a shader for the tilemap and bend the tilemap there. But tilemaps render using their own mesh and the transform I got in the shader was always empty. It looked alright at first, but I could not rotate it without it being distorted and I only made those rings to rotate them...
So, I created my own script to create the meshes for the ring segments, grab the texture from the sprite (and get the correct UV coordinates as they are in a sprite atlas) and create the polygon 2d collider paths, so you can crash into them.
Trying to stubbornly get it to work with the tilemap in fact took longer than writing that script... Xd

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 18, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »

This is looking hilarious. Cheesy Hadn't seen this before so I had to struggle not to spit my tea out when the car crashed headfirst into the ground after someone yelled taxi because I was not expecting that at all. Spaß indeed! Also those rings look so good!

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: November 18, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »

This is looking hilarious. Cheesy Hadn't seen this before so I had to struggle not to spit my tea out when the car crashed headfirst into the ground after someone yelled taxi because I was not expecting that at all. Spaß indeed! Also those rings look so good!

Hi! Thank you. Smiley
Yes, I'm probably not the best driver in this one. I've just taken the first recording. :D

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2019, 01:06:54 AM »

I've added a red aura to the saboteur, so players can recognize him/her earlier.

I've also added red/green pulses to the taxi while the saboteur (should you let him in) damages you or the mechanic repairs you.

Next on the list: At least two new levels with the rings. One of them must be a checkpoint.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2019, 02:15:19 AM »

Nice!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic