Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:17:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: Spaß Taxi - Fun / Retro / Arcade [Released / Demo available]  (Read 16391 times)
RealScaniX
Level 6

Scanix (ignore the "Real", Scanix was taken)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2019, 09:42:47 AM »

Cute! I love it when tutorials are "hidden" into the game

Thank you! I guess when the information isn't presented somewhere during gameplay, people are not going to find it. So I will at least have some important stuff here in addition to the game page or tips in the main menu. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »

Not that much of an update, but I have an animated hint for honking in the bonus stage now. Smiley

The next thing I will do are the checkpoints where you can save your game every 3-5 levels.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 05:26:57 AM »

I feel like there should be a "herding passengers" level :p
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 07:33:43 AM »

I feel like there should be a "herding passengers" level :p

Hehe, I also thought something like that when I saw the finished animation. Azn

Just honk all passengers into a small enclosure. Could be a second minigame. :D

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2019, 05:07:27 AM »

The checkpoints are almost finished.
When saving the game progress, you are moved back to the beginning of the game, because that is the place you are starting when selecting "continue" from the main menu.
This way the extra distance you had to fly to get to the checkpoint does not matter and I can even put them behind some extra obstacles. Smiley

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »

Quality of life: I've added highlights for the target stations where you are supposed to pick up or drop off passengers.
This is often more convenient than looking down at the HUD to see the number and then look for it in the level.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2019, 09:42:58 AM »

Those are all types of passengers that you will encounter in the game. Now you can see their characteristics in the bonus stage and will know what to expect from them. :smiley:
I originally wanted to show this in the main menu, but failed to find a nice place for it there.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2019, 12:42:42 AM »

This is a more riddle like level of Spaß Taxi.
The green buttons move the bars and that opens or closes some ways.

The release of the version 0.60 recently also marks a new milestone. It contains the checkpoints, the bonus stage and some other improvements that are supposedly the last big new mechanics (outside of level mechanics) that I wanted to add to the game.

With almost 20 levels finished, I will concentrate on doing about 10 more to define the final list of levels and finish this game.
So the progress increased to 70%. Smiley

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2019, 02:40:21 AM »

I like it, but you need to give me more time to read the biographies! In the real game I won't be able to pause the video Wink
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2019, 05:10:32 AM »

I like it, but you need to give me more time to read the biographies! In the real game I won't be able to pause the video Wink

Hi! Thank you!
In the real game the bonus stage will not end until you fly out on the right side or press ESC. The asteroids and coins will stop spawning after 25 seconds, so you have enough time to read. Smiley
It might be a bit weird and I have added a hint about the bonus stage that tells you this.
After a recent poll, I will probably only add an interactive scene after every 3rd level and the other ones will just show the hint until you press a button.

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2019, 01:11:46 AM »

I mean that it would be better (in my opinion) to show each individual bio for a little bit longer before swapping to the next one

EDIT: Or is the player in control of that?
RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2019, 05:18:00 AM »

I mean that it would be better (in my opinion) to show each individual bio for a little bit longer before swapping to the next one

EDIT: Or is the player in control of that?

Hi!
Unfortunately I've forgotten something in the description here. That switching of hints will not appear in game at all. It was only done to show them all in the video.
But I am thinking about letting the player switch them using the rotation keys as those are not used in the gameplay of the bonus stage.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2019, 03:59:18 AM »

This is a WIP video of the next level I was going to call "Swinging".
Originally I wanted physical obstacles here, but the physics were problematic as the bars kept pinning the taxi to a wall.
Now I have obstacles that teleport you back to the start if you touch them & some super obvious buttons. :D

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2019, 06:48:52 AM »

Oh man, I know I will hate that level but retry it until I finish it
a-k-
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2019, 09:03:44 AM »

I like your highscore images (though they seem out-of-date compared with the html version?) I wonder whether svg would work as well, might be better for games with vector fonts.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2019, 03:38:21 PM »

Oh man, I know I will hate that level but retry it until I finish it

Hehe, that's the idea. =P

It is kinda finished now and plays pretty nicely, I think:

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2019, 03:41:34 PM »

I like your highscore images (though they seem out-of-date compared with the html version?) I wonder whether svg would work as well, might be better for games with vector fonts.

Hi! Thank you! Smiley
You mean the ones on the game page? The difference is that itch is retrieving the image from my server every time, so it is up to date while gamejolt is downloading them and storing a static version on its own servers. I haven't found a workaround for this. On itch I could even insert an iframe and show dynamic html, but on gamejolt you cannot do that either.
I am using a pixel font and the images look fine, but get resized on the gamepages afterwards, so they don't look that crisp anymore.

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2019, 08:04:23 AM »

This level is done for now. It contains visuals for the teleport anchors, an activation sound effect and a beam towards your active anchor.
I will start a new level now. Probably with a new tileset. Haven't decided on which, though. Smiley

LunaticDancer
Level 0

Unveil the curtains of sanity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »

Always fun to see more of "When Pigs can Fly" type of game made

RealScaniX
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2019, 01:30:39 AM »

Always fun to see more of "When Pigs can Fly" type of game made

I could add pigs as passengers. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic