Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:07:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPROTOCORE : Face the machine now !
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PROTOCORE : Face the machine now !  (Read 321 times)
Vylia_IumTec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2019, 06:39:31 AM »

Howdy everyone !

Name's Vylia ! (I already introduced myself in the Obligatory Introduce Yourself thingie, but icymi... Wink ) I'm part of IumTec, an Indie game studio from Strasbourg, France.

I'm here today to talk about PROTOCORE, a sci-fi fast-paced shooter with both singleplayer and coop up to 4!

What a nasty little robot...

The pitch

Shoot your way through relentless waves of robots in a gigantic spaceship to defeat the most cunning AI ever programmed.

Think fast ! PROTOCORE plays with you, not the other way around. The game learns from your playstyle and reacts accordingly.

Encounter vicious enemies and almighty bosses. Brace yourself, use your wits and protect your soul with big guns, explosives, hacking, dash & double jumps... Die & retry using numerous combinations by gaining more and more abilities in a rogue-lite way.

Don't wait to be minded-out by your nemesis, Anomaly.

The baddies

First comes the Helper. The first model of the series, it was originally designed to help humans with various tasks in the ship.

Then comes the Engi -short for engineer, in case it wasn't obvious- . A ranged version of the Helper, that comes equipped with a nasty shield, and a slowing projectile.

Then comes the nasty Raptor. Three words : Vicious. Glowing. Claws.
Basically a helper without any plating nor heavy part.

And finally comes the Suicide. Pretty much a Raptor situation, without the claws. Who needs claws when you can self-destruct anyway?

Tougher and sturdier ones are in the process of being made, but won't be ready until a later update !

They won't like you being all sneaky...

Content

There are still tons of content to come, but the game is currently in a playable state, with basic mechanics like mob IA, Weapon behavior and movement for example supposedly finished.

Of course, many things are subject to change based on the feedback we'll receive !
And to get that feedback, we're holding test sessions from time to time ! Just enter the program, get notified about dates, play a bit during sessions (or tons !) and either give feedback here, or on our discord (links below Wink )

Told ya !

Follow us !

If you want to check us out, here are some way you can follow the progress of the game !
Website
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook
Discord
Steam
Reddit

Thanks for reading through this !​

I'd love to go places and do stuff ! But I'm way too lazy for that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: