Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:03:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDungeon of Dark (demo) Logic game in the world of dark fantasy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dungeon of Dark (demo) Logic game in the world of dark fantasy  (Read 371 times)
Esk
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2019, 03:38:16 AM »

Platform: iOS, Android
Engine: Unity

Logic game in the world of dark fantasy.
Dungeon of Dark - is a turn-based game about the dungeon, which consists of several floors.
Choose a hero and explore the dungeon. Fight many enemies on the 3x3 battlefield and defeat bosses.

Play game  
WebGL: http://terrarium-land.com/layergames/webgl
iOS:  https://testflight.apple.com/join/EN8QZLsM

Gameplay video

Dungeon

Battlefield

Seller

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:46:04 AM by Esk » Logged
Vallar
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »

Hey,

I tried the game a bit. Interesting idea and here is my feedback in no particular order:

- The art style looks interesting and reminds me of Darkest Dungeon quite a bit. It definitely nails the dark gritty atmosphere if that is what you were going for.

- The music and the sounds I felt were spot on. Nicely done there.

- One of the things I disliked about the controls is that items are auto-looted and clicking on them while they are in the chest/box/ground meant I get more information. I wish if I hovered that happened but clicking would pick it up. While it isn't ground chattering, I had to constantly remind myself that this game auto-loots.

- While the tutorial described what each icon was, I felt it wasn't quite enough to describe how combat works precisely. I came out of the tutorial "guessing" how it works but wasn't sure how things actually worked. This feeling was confirmed when I played the first encounter and learned about "moving around + picking items". Perhaps I missed something in the tutorial but it definitely didn't either stick or go over it well enough.

- While mentioning what each icon on the screen means is not bad, I found it was too excessive. I already guessed the HP, attack, keys and gold. I would say I'd rather have a "Click this button or press it to display an overlay/help cheat sheet" rather than having to click through 10-15 dialogues to tell me what each icon is. After a while, I got bored and literally started glancing over it only to pay a bit more attention in combat tutorial and then glancing over things again.

- Going over a chest without having a key and it disappears kind of confusing. I thought I picked it up for later like items. Would be nice if you get some other effect/animation to denote what is going on.

- I think it is better to have items tick down (timer wise) to 1 only and not reach zero. The next turn they should just poof and go away. The 0 turn gives this false illusion you can catch it but you can't. I'd also add some sort of effect to show that the item has dissipated into nothingness.

- The controls in combat aren't responsive. I find myself clicking 2-3 times sometimes till the click registers. I am guessing the game isn't picking up on clicks because of some kind of time based Boolean. I'd say either speed up the resolutions or have it easy to "queue" some actions. Like click here, click there would auto move the character from the "here" part to the "there" part in two turns.

- I am not sure how I feel about "enter combat, you're locked into it up until you kill everyone to exit" kind of thing. On one hand, I don't mind the idea. On the other it feels that I don't know how long the encounter could be, I have no way of getting out of it. I think it would be a good thing to display a number next to the mob on the map so I know how many I'll have to battle. Not to mention that sometimes other mobs appear like bats with rats when I stumbled on a rat and thus they prolong fights even further. Which is completely fine, I'd rather however be prepared.

All in all it seems like a very interesting game and I wonder if it will have any form of story layered on top or that is it. It looks polished and has potential. I have a gripe with the name being too close to Darkest Dungeon however, you may want to be careful otherwise you may be stepping on a copyright issue.

Hope that helps and good luck! 

Esk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 11:28:15 AM »

Today and tomorrow I will talk with my teammate  about your comments.
We will try to improve the game. About Dungeon of dark name,  I understand, it`s slightly dangerous name.
 Vallar, Thank you very much for your feedback!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic