Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1359244 Posts in 63166 Topics- by 55014 Members - Latest Member: Jack Bandai

April 23, 2019, 02:58:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAo
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Ao  (Read 3029 times)
Prinsessa
Level 10

Ava Skoog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »

Oh that sounds really interesting! How open-ended will it be? Multiple ways to progres, or maybe something more linear?

Still pondering that~

Prinsessa
Level 10

Ava Skoog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 12:34:45 PM »

Groundwork for time bubbles

Was planning on getting a bit further before posting about this, but I've been a bit distracted with other stuff lately and it might be another while before I get back on this, so here's a small update in the meantime.

The time travel mechanic isn't just going to be about either being in the past or the future, but rather about opening up pockets into the past that only partially cover town, serving as locks to find right keys to open. I decided to make these bubbles be made up of boxes and cylinders that for example can be used to, as seen above, unlock a circular patch of the town, while still retaining the lock on the interior of a house within that bubble.

This meant I had to come up with a shader for this addition and subtraction, which was easy enough to do in a binary fashion, but took me about three days of work to figure out in such a way that it would make all the edges blend nicely together!

Of course later on the NPC's aren't going to be visible at all outside the windows into the past, and the player character isn't going to turn white, but now that the shader is set up I can do anything I want on either side of the bubbles~

Above: outline of positive bubbles (into the past) in green, and of negative bubbles in red.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 12:46:05 PM by Prinsessa » Logged

Ordnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2019, 02:33:13 AM »

Wow, 3 days of work for the shader! You ar working really hard into this project. I like the game idea. Best of luck!  Smiley

Devlogs:

Prinsessa
Level 10

Ava Skoog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 02:58:50 AM »

Thanks! I'm in the process of moving right now (lots of packing!) but I'm looking forward to settling down and getting back to working on this! Gomez

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic