Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:38:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41
Print
Author Topic: Ao  (Read 98127 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2019, 07:24:49 AM »

What are your plans for KoalaTek? Will Apple & Worm 2 be powered by it??

The repo is public, so if you really want to you can, but it's a horrible unusable mess for anybody else at the moment and it keeps changing a lot from month to month, but by the time comes to start on your sequel, who knows, maybe it'll be stabler and easier to use? Tongue

But in all seriousness, my plans are really only to keep using and improving it for my own current and future games~
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 09:22:26 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

ChrisLSound
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2019, 08:32:09 AM »

This continues to look excellent! I really like the feel of the level layout even though it's still greybox. What are your inspirations for the architecture/layout?

I make video/tabletop games and music!
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2019, 09:32:05 AM »

Thank you!! Gomez

There are story aspects that called for sea and mountains to be present, so I built the idea around that and a couple of other beats I wanted to get in. Then I started sketching and it developed from there, I guess! c:

I'm trying to come up with an architectural style of my own based on shapes inspired by the sea as well but of course a building can only consist of so many various shapes to make sense and be practical, so there are undoubtedly going to be resemblances to all sorts of real-world counterparts. My inspirations are from all over the real world (anything I can find that looks watery), but I'm trying not to copy anything verbatim.

ChrisLSound
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2019, 09:40:17 AM »

Very cool. You have so many ingredients I love - mountains, seaside town, snow... I wonder what real-life places have this mix. "Watery" architecture sounds super cool too. Can't wait to see how this gets fleshed out.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2019, 08:26:54 AM »

It's going to be relatively low poly, sort of hidden by a version of that painterly shader I showed in my main post

Dug up a screenshot of a more involved example scene from the Unity graphics prototype that I had forgotten about!

Still, this is just a test with a hastily modelled house and ground and I'm not entirely happy with it (and it'll end up looking different with the proper assets and a fully decorated town), especially not with the textures, but this is the general gist of it anyhow!

diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2019, 08:32:40 AM »

holy molly that's a shader? it looks amazing!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2019, 08:42:06 AM »

Yep! Thanks!!

ChrisLSound
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »

So good!!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »

holy crap that's awesome  Shocked

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »

Daaaamn Prinsessa! That's gorgeous Kiss

EDIT: and the fact that it looks great in motion is pretty impressive too, a lot of these heavily artistic shaders just melt as soon as the scene starts moving
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2019, 10:17:33 AM »

You're all amazing, thank you so much!! Cry Cry Cry

Permafrost11
Level 0

[Sample Text]

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2019, 02:48:30 PM »

As someone who really only knows how to do a basic 3D GLSL shader with no post-processing effects or anything like that, this looks like black magic to me WTF. Amazing work!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2019, 05:23:54 AM »

Thank you! To some extent I suppose it is, since it's not really a meticulously calculated thing where I knew exactly what I was doing down to every detail, but more of a process of discovery by playing with the numbers after getting the basic effect down. Cheesy

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 06:12:04 AM »

So the process was kind of like... painting by numbers? Wink
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2019, 06:17:13 AM »

Had to look that up! Didn't know those are called that in English. Indeed. Tongue

nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2019, 11:28:11 AM »

Wooaahh. That's really cool. This honestly looks way better than a lot of those trendy "style-replacement" machine learning things.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2019, 12:07:22 PM »

Thank you so much! I'm actually not sure I'm familiar with what you're referring to. Embarrassed

EDIT:
Oh, I just found this in the procgen thread in the technical subforum, is this it?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:08:22 PM by Prinsessa » Logged

Keops
Level 6

Pixellin' and Gamedev'n

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »

Wow. This is stunning. I'm here to follow this project and wish you the best with it!

Hearthstead: Hand Point Right Website - Twitter Hand Point Left

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS! Behance portfolio
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2019, 01:57:29 PM »

Thank you!! ;o;

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2019, 05:09:45 PM »

Thank you! To some extent I suppose it is, since it's not really a meticulously calculated thing where I knew exactly what I was doing down to every detail, but more of a process of discovery by playing with the numbers after getting the basic effect down. Cheesy

Almost sounds like you are designing a synth when you describe it like that Smiley I guess it's very similar except instead of sound it's imagery.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic