Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:43:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDivinheim - nautical action-adventure with water magic and emphasis on story
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Divinheim - nautical action-adventure with water magic and emphasis on story  (Read 3162 times)
Lunseeker
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2019, 11:46:24 AM »

Game Title – Divinheim
Developers – Heartstep Studios
Platforms – PC, possibly Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PS4.
Engine – Unity

Divetheim is a story-driven action-adventure game in a nautical setting with fantasy and steampunk elements. The gameplay focuses on exploration of the strange seas and unraveling their secrets. Sometimes though, the only way to move forward means to fight other ships and sea monsters using various ship weapons and water magic

Divetheim is a land where there is no peace, the place where the demons were born, the last place where people can be themselves. Located behind a great storm, only madmen and naive dreamers head here.

This region is surrounded by rumors, myths and false hopes. All of this is a lie and everything is true.

The impossible here coexist with everyday life, every madness becomes an ordinary event. These seas have long ceased to be just an obstacle, they have their will and they have plans for each offender. Guided by a desperate desire to learn the truth, you will have to catch up with the ship "Solomon" who chose, even by the standards of this place, a meaningless route to the North, to the snowy glaciers of the crown of the world.

Next you'll see concept art(fake screensohts). For now the actual game in engine looks different, but we are trying to get as close to concepts as possible

Some features:

Each location represents a unique gameplay and visual experience, reflecting the outlook and values of those who inhabit them.

The stylized mix of steampunk and fantasy allows to give piracy a technological, but at the same time mystical feel of a place beyond being

Divetheim exists on the border between reality and lies; Here our fears and desires take on a form that we could not imagine.

Each sea obeys one of the Belials, Great Sins. In order to continue your journey, you have to overcome this monster by finding the solution that suits your soul. Each choice, however, has consequences

Instagram(visual stuff) - https://www.instagram.com/heartstep_studios/
Twitter(updates) - https://twitter.com/HeartstepStudio
Facebook(visual stuff, ENG) - https://www.facebook.com/HeartstepStudios/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:55:44 AM by Lunseeker » Logged
feelblitz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 01:39:03 PM »

Love the look of it so far! If you can capture the look of that fantastic concept art in the actual 3d environments, I think this game is going to look gorgeous. The game mechanics look quite interesting, obviously its a work in progress, but I can't wait to see more of the interactions and water manipulation skills. I'm also curious to see more of these sin tests, quite an interesting system for progression.

I don't think anyone here minds long posts, this is a developer community after all, if we had short attention spans, we wouldn't be here haha! I think its fine to make a post as long as you like, having said that, it might be more strategic to space out your content posts so you can regularly update. Its always a little hard to give proper feedback when a developer doesn't post anything for a few weeks, then dumps all of their progress at the end of the month. I'm sure you are aware of this already, but if not, the whole point of the TIG Source devlogs is to get feedback and meet/converse with other developers/freelancers. This is a pretty poor place to market to an audience or get attention for your game if that is what you were expecting. Either way, looking forward to more updates on this thread!

Lunseeker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:11:12 AM »

Hello feelbitz! Thanks for all the good words and pieces of advice. We will be updating quite often of course. I know that TIGSource is mostly about feedback and feedback is actually super important, so really glad to be here with all you!
Lunseeker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 05:34:22 AM »

Finally, made something interesting enough graphics-wise. What do you think?

ChrisLSound
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 06:48:46 AM »

Lovely! Smiley

I make video/tabletop games and music!
PixelDensity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 05:10:23 AM »

I am really liking the development of this game so far! keep up the good work.

I was wondering how will the player interact with the different ports and cities they come across? Will it be a UI experience with all the trading and conversation done as a overlay or will the player be able to move around the city?

3D Artist.
Lunseeker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 04:17:59 AM »

I am really liking the development of this game so far! keep up the good work.

I was wondering how will the player interact with the different ports and cities they come across? Will it be a UI experience with all the trading and conversation done as a overlay or will the player be able to move around the city?

Thank you!

When player gets to the port he will see a port screen, where he would be able to click on buildings/events in city and this way interact with them.

In case of buldings like stores, player will see UI something like a typical trading window. In case of tavern or some events there will be dialogue window with characters like in Pyre or visual novels.
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 09:19:26 AM »

Very atmospheric! Gives me the Sunless Sea vibe, but better - and in 3D!

Keep up the great work!

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
Lunseeker
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 03:59:52 AM »

Very atmospheric! Gives me the Sunless Sea vibe, but better - and in 3D!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Sunless Sea is one of the inspirations.
Alexei_ost
Level 0

Give me a game, I'll give you music

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 07:19:58 PM »

Hey, there! Really nice looking game! I like the visual treatment of the ship. make me think something supernatural of the ship?

Btw, I'm a game music composer and I work with a sound designer. I'd love to show you some of my work and perhaps work together to build awesome music for Divetheim. Can I show you some of my work?

Game music composer, taco lover and doom bringer.

https://soundcloud.com/alexei_ost
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic