Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:40:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Figuring out Steam Capsule for Point and Click Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Figuring out Steam Capsule for Point and Click Game  (Read 2124 times)
eri0o
Level 0

Making Adventures

View Profile WWW
« on: February 13, 2019, 02:45:29 PM »

Hello,

I am making a point and click game, it's called Future Flashback, and am trying to decide which capsule to use.

What do you think? I am leaning to the one on the second column, from left to right.

If you are only interested on voting, we have made a poll on Twitter too.

Do you think the main idea of the capsule is good and representative of the game? Any feedback is appreciated!
Richard Kain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »

Yeah, I'm thinking the second column entry is the way to go. The slight darkening on the top and bottom helps the title to stand out from the background, without obscuring the retro low-res art. (a hall-mark of classic adventure games, and a selling point for any fans looking for that style of game) The first (far-left) column isn't bad either, but the slight darkening of the second entry helps to highlight the title a bit more. I don't much care for the blurred entry in the third column. That one feature the greatest difference between the title and background, but you lose the appeal of the background. The fourth column is very similar to the second column, but I don't like the camera angle quite as much. The second column has a nice view of the skyline, with fewer lighter elements that could blend with the title.
eri0o
Level 0

Making Adventures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »

Thanks Richard!

Yeah, as you guessed my biggest difficulty is how to convey pixel point and click, with the mood, and telling, it's a city with things to do around, kind of cyberpunkyish. I think I will go with this second column entry, and maybe add some characters on top of the building at the left.
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 12:53:04 AM »

put character or some face on it. right now it kinda looks like software, just name on blue background.
Ramos
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 05:12:22 PM »

To be honest, Id delete the city background and placed the art from your avatar along with that text

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 02:06:18 AM »

I like the ones in the last row the most, they seem the most visually appealing to me but as others stated it could use some character art on it.

RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 11:58:34 AM »

I like column 4 best.

It's clear and makes me want to click on it to see more details.

The only thing I might change is the font size of the name. Make it slightly bigger. When Steam puts it into a list, the size is made a bit smaller, so your text wont be so big and clear then.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic