Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:19:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRompe! a game where everything you touch breaks :(
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rompe! a game where everything you touch breaks :(  (Read 626 times)
orla
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »

Rompe is a Platformer game were everything you touch breaks!
it has super cute aesthethics and some super Hard levels!

Play the open alpha now:

https://orla.itch.io/rompe

Follow Me on twitter: twitter.com/orlax22
Checkout my website: http://orla.games

IS THIS FUN!?

Thats really what this is about, is this game fun?
if you play it and find it cool, let me know please!
if you think there is something that can make more entertaining also let me know!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 07:11:29 PM by orla » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 03:13:03 PM »

Hey orla.  I had a chance to play your game.  I recorded it and these are my thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLIoxDOfPC8&feature=youtu.be

- I love the aesthetic.  Very whimsical.

- The gameplay is great.  The breaking platform hook is cleaver.  The controls feel good

- It would be nice to have a wall jump tutorial.  It took me a minute to figure out you could do that.  A less experience player may have trouble.

- It would be nice if there was some kind of timer for the float mechanic.  So I have an idea when time's up.

I really like it.  Obviously I'm not very good at it.  But I had fun.  Looking forward to your future work.
nerdi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 06:23:15 AM »

Hey Orlando Smiley I checked out your game and I absolutely love it.
It's addicting & challenging, even for me - a 25 year old male ! Really good stuff. I love how it's friendly enough for kids, and challenging enough for all ages.

I made a video about your game on my channel. I hope it brings you some new players!!
I played levels 1-5 & then tried out level 18, which was very hard to me

FabledEnigma
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 01:27:43 PM »

Just gave the game a try, and I must say I was pretty surprised by how much I enjoyed it.
The cutesy aesthetic works really well and helps appeal to a younger audience. It controls pretty good too, feels smooth to play.
The game has a nice level of challenge to it as well and I think the difficulty flow is really good too, I never noticed any abrupt spikes in difficulty.

I do have some feedback for you:
------------------------------------------
  • I think the game would really benefit from a tutorial/controls screen on the start menu, mechanics like wall jumping and gliding aren't really explained or introduced in any way. You want to make sure players understand how to play right away.
  • Sometimes while just continuing through levels you can often lose track of what level you're actually on, having something in the top left or right corner to tell the player what level they're on would be nice
  • It would also be nice if the game marked off which levels the player completed, it would give a sense of progression and also help players remember what levels they've completed
  • This is more so just personal preference of mine, I noticed the 'Enter' key opens the pause menu, I find the 'Esc' key is a much more traditional key for pausing games. You could even have both keys open the pause menu if you wanted
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic