Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:41:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting(New Demo!) Treasure Quest: Curse of the Black Jewel (Unity 3D)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: (New Demo!) Treasure Quest: Curse of the Black Jewel (Unity 3D)  (Read 1472 times)
N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2019, 04:01:50 AM »

Hey Everyone, Treasure Quest is a personal game I've worked 8 months on and is the sequel to my other game called Destiny Venture. It's a first person based RPG dungeon crawler with linear exploration and the mission is the collect a multitude of items and equipment, search for chests and gradually build the strength of your character. I have built a demo for ya'll to try out. Feed back would be great! I had this game posted a while ago on here maybe 5 months ago, its much more polished and evolved since my last post.

Introduction:
Story of Treasure Quest: Curse of the Black Jewel

Long ago, on a distant island far into the ocean, there were two kings that ruled over the land. King Grace sought for peace, life, stability and order. While king Drake ravaged for war, death, chaos and destruction.
Conquest Island was at war. The kings raged armies upon each other scorching the island of its resources. Famished, the two kings were interrupted by six holy guardians, one of light, darkness, power, spirit, time and desire.
The guardians accused the two kings and used a magical spell that would bind the two to the center of the volcano where they would be locked away for eternity. King drake, in a desperate attempt casts dark magic to consume the six guardians, turning them into jewels.
Drake knew of the ancient powers bestowed on the island and wanted to weaponized the jewels to rule over the world. Bedeviled with power in attempt to use the Jewel of desire to grant him any one wish, unknowingly the magic of the guardians immobilizes king Drake and veils everyone into darkness.
The jewels were then scattered to each end of the island and the two kings vanished forever.

Treasure Quest Controls

Preferably works with the Xbox one/360 Controller although you can use Keyboard and mouse.

Xbox Controls:
(Y) (HOLD) - Equipment quick Selection (select with D-Pad)
(Y) (Press in pause menu) - Open Game Status Menu/Save Game
(X) - Swing sword 4 hit combo
(A) - jump/interaction
(B) (HOLD) - Take out sword/Put away sword
(B) (Press) - Pick up Big Jars/Crates
L Stick/D-Pad - Move/Strafe
R Stick _ Look/Turn
R-Trigger - Use Jewel Power
LB - Sprint
RB (HOLD) -Take out jewel/Put away jewel
Start - Pause/Item, Equipment, Options Menus (select with D-Pad)

Keyboard Mouse Controls:
(BackSpace/Tab) (HOLD) - Equipment quick Selection (select with UDLR Arrows or AWSD)
(BackSpace) (Press in pause menu) - Open Game Status menu/save game
(Mouse Left) - Swing sword 4 hit combo
(Mouse Right) - Use Jewel Power
(Mouse Middle) - Take out Jewel/Put Away Jewel
(Space) - jump/interaction
(Left CRTL) (HOLD) - Take out sword/Put away sword
(Left Alt) -  Pick up Big Jars/Crates
(Arrows LUDR/ AWSD) - Move/Strafe
(Mouse Move) - Look/Turn
(Left/Right Shift) - Sprint
(Return/Enter)- Pause/Item, Equipment, Options Menus (select with UDLR Arrows or AWSD)

Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???Secret Debug Menu?Huh?Huh?Huh??
Type "tqdebug" anytime when playing the game

Newest Video:

Game Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5hh7k1obqd7liu5/Treasure_Quest_Build_Demo__%2528083119%2529.zip/file

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 10:01:48 PM by N163LPH03N1X » Logged

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 03:14:34 PM »

Hey N163LPH03N1X.  I had a chance to play your game.  I recorded it and these are my thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWujnqOlhiA&feature=youtu.be

- I'm a big fan of first person dungeon crawlers.  I love Legend of Grimrock.  The gameplay seems pretty solid.

- This game had a hard time on my laptop.  Seems like the framerate was pretty low.

- It seemed that some buttons didn't register some times.  I clicked "Space" to get the next tutorial message several times before it would acknowledge it.  This may be due to the low framerate.

- I felt like I had no chance against the starting enemies.  I ran into 2 immediatly and I had to run because they drained me to half health.

- I fell off a ledge and my character never died.  I just fell forever.

I think this is a good start.  As I said earlier I love these types of games.  I look forward to seeing this game evolve
N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 09:20:02 PM »

Haha yeah the game isn’t ready for play testing to be honest. Everything is in test mode so I have every enemy variation in play to test damage etc. I have realized that my game will not run well on high resolution especially on my laptop as well.

Unfortunately I have a powerful desktop that I use for the development of this game which drawing more frame rate doesn’t effect it and not noticeable.
 I will be playing around with tuning as well. Occlusion is enabled and enemies aren’t active unless in the room so I have yet to figure out what’s sucking all of the frames.

Thanks for the feed back though I appreciate it. Definitely will be a dungon crawler, Just going for like a Zelda typeish game.

N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 02:01:11 AM »

Bump, Made a huge update and worked very had on this the past few weeks.
Added new video and game build at the top of the thread.

N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 06:03:30 AM »

New Update,

Huge amount of work and coding a multitude of bugs and fixing issues at this point. I couldn't believe it but I figured out how to save scene object states making this game fully functional to saving your progress. I'm on my way to building an entire world for the player to scout in, more dungeons, more enemies, more quests to go on, Ill have this game running great in the next year.

MrPotatostealer
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »

Hi N163LPH03N1X,

I gave your game a try, first thing I noticed is that the game has a sort of "Zelda game" look and feel to it.
I guess this is what you where going for but in first person? Nicely done capturing that!

- The controls took me a while to figure out, how to switch weapon and items. Not sure why I need to do this but holding Y and pressing D-Pad for switching don't seam necessary when you can just just the D-Pad?

- First thing I did was run around the "over-world" I had no idea what to do and it was very empty with a few enemies. I restarted the game (faster than running back) and found the cave area. The cave was not easy to find.
I did fell very lost on what the actual goal of the game is.

- Combat was not very interesting, enemies don't do anything other than walking toward you. Maybe add some shooting enemies and shield to deflect the projectile?

- The cave system was hard to navigate, a map would be nice. The black "walls" between rooms makes it even more confusing. I don't understand the reason for this? To surprise the player when they go into the room? If so maybe just door instead would be better and less confusing.

- Switches and triggers, I had no idea what they do. I just wandered around until I noticed some statues had changed. In a bigger dungeon/cave this would be a much bigger issue.

- I need to use the key from the inventory to open the door. It's very easy to miss that I even picked up the key in the first place. I would suggest showing the key more clearly being picked up and automatically use it when you get to the door.

- The constant whistling of birds? in the over-world was driving me insane. I wanted to have the sound on I really liked the music.

N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »

Thank you for play testing the Game, its still in development and definitely no where near being finished. Things eventually will get changed and place holders have been set and no Story line has been added yet but Your feedback is critical, it will help determine what the player feels when playing. Still building the game assets which is why it feels empty. I do agree with the ambient sounds of birds etc being annoying if not needs to be turned down a bit. Thank you again for trying it out! :D

N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 09:35:25 PM »

New Update with Build Version 5. For those not looking to play test there's a new updated video of a full game play preview

looking for new subscribers too give me a buzz anytime for some feed back on my game!

N163LPH03N1X
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2019, 08:33:04 PM »

Just bumping this post because I had updated the game over the last few months.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic