Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:29:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAncient Exiles [2D ARPG. A Mature, Dark, Mystical, and Love journey]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ancient Exiles [2D ARPG. A Mature, Dark, Mystical, and Love journey]  (Read 1306 times)
Sleeping Daemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 18, 2019, 09:03:07 AM »

Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel Perez (Sleeping Daemon), and I would like to introduce the first project I have started developing.

It is a 2D Action RPG, top-down view, and the world is set in a sci-fi, cyberpunk, and medieval style of scene.

The player will go through a dark, mystical,  and difficult journey. But it all goes downhill, and the Psychological part of the story becomes relevant and drives everyone mad.

It will be a bit slow in the beginning only because I am still fairly new to game development. I am slowly but surely learning how to program, as well as learning other things I didn’t know I was capable of learning. I am working on this every day so I will try to share anything worthwhile when I can.

Here are a few concepts and pixels I painted to capture the moods. I am now prototyping so more in-game stuff will be coming!

Thank you for reading!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:14:11 PM by Sleeping Daemon » Logged
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 05:06:07 AM »

Awesome concept art!! I love the shot at the top, wonderful subdued colours, and the atmosphere and lighting are spot on. Looks like an ambitious first project, can't wait to see more!  Gomez

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Sleeping Daemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 05:48:19 PM »

Thank you, Geoff! I am trying not to make it into an ambitious project but the more I work on it, it is becoming one! haha.

So I have started programming simple character movements, nothing worthwhile to show. I have also started designing the main character.

I have also started pixelizing the idle stance as well as animating the running animations.

Here are a couple of mood shots where I am going with this. I am not satisfied with the mood just yet but it's getting there for sure!

So for the next few tasks, I plan on finishing the running animations so that I can finally implement them in Unity. Then I will continue on prototyping to have some combat elements in with basic AI.

Thank you for your time to check my Blog dev!

Gabriel
bryku
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 02:48:44 AM »

Yes! This looks gorgeous. I already found you on Twitter, but it's awesome that you're running a devlog here as well.

Keep going, and eventually you will turn this into an awesome game.

Busy working on xcom-like, steampunk/vermintide pixel art strategy game called "Shardpunk".

Devlog | Twitter | Webpage
ChrisLSound
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 10:20:47 AM »

This is looking and sounding really really great!

I make video/tabletop games and music!
Sleeping Daemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 11:45:38 AM »

@bryku and @ChrisLSound Thank you guys for passing by!

I have been pretty busy with the project. I am sorry for not updating here frequently. I usually post all of my dev logs through instagram stories and/ or twitter.

I have implemented the character movements with idle and running animations so far along with a sentinel who follows Daelocke around. The bottom Gif is a test shot of the first implementation of the dust cloud. I didn't set the particle system to be off when idling on this one.

Here's another shot experiemnting with a different environment. Trying to find the mood that speaks to me but I haven't found it yet.

I went ahead to come up with more mood concepts to solidify what I am looking for. I am getting close.

I am also giving Daelocke a revamp to this.

Originally he was supposed to look like this based from the initial first concepts I created in the beginning.

Even though, I did like the simplicity of the first look.

I will work on re-animating the new Daelocke with diagonal animations now that I feel more comfortable with animation. I will also study some more with programming in Unity by reading the docs. I didn't realize I sucked so much trying to implement some features. It's getting harder as I am writing more code.

I wish I could post more stuff but I can't seem to find myself updating this with every update.

I appreciate you guys taking your time to check out my thread!

edit: I forgot to mention that I also implemented a basic stat system. It's working properly but it is not tied to combat just yet.

Sleeping Daemon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 09:16:25 AM »

About a week and a half ago, I finished implementing the depth and jump system. I started on the aiming system a few days ago with a weapon system. A bit rough, but it definitely works. It needs tweaking!

I also have it so the player can aim by holding the right mouse button or the right trigger. While aiming, the player speed is reduced. This way it has a disadvantage. Choose your enemies well, aim and make sure you finish them off before they get to you.

As of now, I am starting to implement state machines for different player animation states. Along with this, I am revamping, and creating new player sprites. This aspect of the game will take some time for me.

Here's stuff from narration art, concept art, in-game etc. All work in progress until the final product.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 09:28:42 AM by Sleeping Daemon » Logged
JesseL
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 07:55:25 PM »

dang dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this looks great!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
mystic_swamp
Level 1

v i d e o g a m e s

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 05:31:56 AM »

looks awesome <3

Loungers
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 01:51:48 PM »

Nice art style, you definitely have a eye for aesthetics haha. Wonder what the gameplay will entail.

If you want sound design help/music I'm a musician and currently looking to break into the video game market.

You can hear my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/theloungersz

my contact info is also in my soundcloud description Smiley

good luck!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic