Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:00:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralProsocial Games / Games for Good
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Prosocial Games / Games for Good  (Read 801 times)
ColinAmosGames
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2019, 03:53:22 PM »

Is anyone here interested in developing games that benefit people beyond just being entertainment? I am passionate about this sort of game, but I have yet to find many others with a similar ambition. If you're interested in developing games that improve the well-being of others or society as a whole, please shoot me a message. I'm not looking to build a dev team or anything, I would just love to connect and exchange ideas!
Sylas
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 01:17:22 PM »

Sure, i'm new on this forum btw. Gomez
I guess am as well missing when games where about mystical quests, soul and bettering oneself, repentance, character and player included.
I guess i can't die untill my Ultima IV quest for virtue is complete.
I'm not dev-ing any game yet, i just woke up few days ago and i'm having lot of IRL shits to deal and clean up still.
I guess i'd be on the scriptwriting side of a team anytime i'd be in one, consulting game/rulezz mechanics design, otherwise ideas only as arts and techs isn't my knowledgable side.
Max Rudek
Level 0

Indeep Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 07:45:11 AM »

Is anyone here interested in developing games that benefit people beyond just being entertainment?

Hey, I feel ya. I'm a solo developer and I've been working on a mobile game. The game in terms of gameplay is quite regular but I there's a deeper meaning.

I've included some metaphores like pushing rocks as a main mechanic. The clones that you can use to achieve your goals. And The Clones walking around and pushing rocks without any goal. It symbolizes the society without goals and only focusing on problems that are in front of their faces. They can't think wider. Anyway if you want to discuss I'd be happy to. Have a good day

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic