Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:52:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsNeed a 2D sprite artist for in-progress JRPG side project! [Rev-share]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a 2D sprite artist for in-progress JRPG side project! [Rev-share]  (Read 489 times)
cosmopath
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:31:42 AM »

Hey all!

Myself along with a team of six others are currently working on a demo for our 2D JRPG that we've been at for a few months. Unfortunately a couple of our artists got too busy with life stuff to continue working on the project somewhere along the line, so we've made the decision to look for a couple new artists who can more or less fill their spots. Here's what we're looking for:

• One 2D/2.5D (not pixel art) sprite artist who can create in-game sprite assets like characters, weapons and other objects, tiles if possible, etc. - bonus if you're able to animate characters and whatnot, if not we can definitely work something out though!
  • One environment artist who can draft up creative environment concepts and designs - bonus if you're also able to create 2D environment sprites, but absolutely not required POSITION FILLED

If you're wondering or confused about the specifics any of the positions I mentioned, feel free to message me and I'll have no problems clearing it up for you.

---

I know rev-share is a fairly controversial model in the game dev space, and I fully understand if some people are turned off by it! But as this is just a side project for all of us, we don't really have the funds for upfront payment. We are thinking of seeking a publisher, so things may change in the future, but for now we can only afford to offer rev-share. And let me just make this clear: we don't expect anyone on the team to work actual job hours! Rather, if you have some free time and you want to contribute to a promising JRPG project, you may find this interesting.

That being said, I'd just like to mention that unlike a lot of rev-share projects here and elsewhere, we've already accomplished a fair bit of work:

• Built a fully functioning core framework for the game in Unity
  • Written the entire script for the demo and the first section of the main game's script
  • Created a sizable portion of the game's music, especially for the demo and the first section of the main game
  • Made portrait sketches, concepts and near-finalized drawings of multiple major characters
  • Put together a 13-page game design document outlining the essential details of our game (PM me if you want access to this!)

If you're interested in joining, want to know more about or have any questions about the project, send me a message and I'll do my best to help you out. You can also email me at - if you'd prefer that. If there's anything I can't answer as the lead developer of the game, I'll refer you directly to the project manager who should be able to address it. Thanks everyone!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 12:01:27 PM by cosmopath » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic