Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:08:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsArtistic co founder wanted for indie mmo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artistic co founder wanted for indie mmo  (Read 431 times)
snacktime
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2019, 02:34:29 PM »

I need my other half on this unique and challenging take on the genre.

Hard skills I'm really looking for a good modeler.  But the bigger challenge is the art direction and taking what we have to work with from a strategic standpoint and making it all work well artistically.  A game like this has a lot of constraints on what you can do artistically.  It's going to be challenging even for a veteran.

Quick bit about myself.  20+ years leading development teams, 10 of that in games.  Worked as the lead architect on several large popular mobile games.  Moved on to realtime games.  Create the first realtime games platform using a distributed systems architecture and open sourced it.  Then eventually decided I liked making games more then I did platforms and that's where I'm at now.

The game itself has been in development for just over a year.  90% of the functionality is in, most all of the hard technical problems are solved.  We need to get a few better models in and a bit of iteration on gameplay to have a good demo for fund raising.

On the money side, this will be an equity deal structured like a typical Silicon Valley startup.  As soon as we can get the visuals tuned in a bit better I'll hit the road on VC funding.  I have raised funding twice before, but never for games.  So I'm comfortable doing that but it's going to be challenging given it's the game industry.  If we do a Kickstarter I have yet to decide, it's definitely not my first choice.

Please contact me at [email protected] if interested.

Cheers,

Chris Ochs
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic