Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1366198 Posts in 64018 Topics- by 55903 Members - Latest Member: Montie

September 18, 2019, 03:07:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignIdea for a low populace battle royale
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Idea for a low populace battle royale  (Read 289 times)
alexwbc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2019, 03:08:18 PM »

After Fortnite we though we were done, then Apex came.

So, apparently people want to play BR thing; unfortunately this kind of games are out of the indie scope: the issue is called "player count"

BR genre didn't and don't interest me that much: sorry for the heresy, but multiplayer games based on he idea to kick out other players (and stay alone most of the time) sounds like a oxymoron to me. I am mostly into co-op mechanics.

But I like to share idea and find solution: the problem here is that BR games are unreachable to regular indie that need a huge pool of player straight from the beginning (even to AAA publisher struggle at this). Probably the only one left that can do an actual BR is Blizzard: a WoWBR!

Joke aside this is my idea

Each player control 10 android, but can control only one at once. Unused android need to be hidden somewhere: while you're hunting for others. 10 Players are about 100 androids on map (supposedly: 90 idle/hidden while 10 scouting on map). Player can switch between their android (and use as sort of fast-travel through the map), but each "switch" costs time in which you're inactive.

In the original reddit post I've already discussed some features: there's some stuff I didn't (yet) shared; I would like to find someone to build a prototype with and give full exclusivity to the undisclosed features. Meanwhile I am up to answer to any addressing issue you may have found with this idea. I've already gave some reply on reddit's comments: if you want further details you can ask me... I will keep disclose idea/features until someone isn't willing to stick with me to actually build a prototype.
ramaka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:28:37 AM »

I don't think it's a good idea to make indi-BR. This genre of games sucks. Better focus on making anything else. Indi community mustn't get his hands dirty with waste of game industry, in my humble opinion.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic