Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:40:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesSekiro
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sekiro  (Read 3480 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:08:37 AM »

Anyone else playing this game?

Bought it yesterday and I have been playing for hours. I really like it so far. Felt far more difficult than souls at the beginning. Perhaps as difficult as DeS was for me on my first playthrough. After the difficult beginning and after getting more potent healing resources it seems more manageable. The combat feels good to me even though I'm not sure if I have yet grasped the parrying with the more dangerous enemies.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »

i've never played any of these games but i saw the trailer and it sort of had a few tenchu elements. how important are things like the hook rope and stealth in the moment to moment game play?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 10:06:44 AM »

very important. the grapple is bound to LT and has unlimited use. mobility and stealth are vital tools

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 10:32:01 AM »

sick, thank you
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 11:13:27 AM »

i think you would like this game. it's all about parrying, like the best platinum games

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 01:22:33 PM »

i think you would like this game. it's all about parrying, like the best platinum games
i will take it under advisement. presently i need to buy judgment and ace combat, but haven't used the play station kind of computer in a while
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 01:08:41 PM »

i've never played any of these games but i saw the trailer and it sort of had a few tenchu elements. how important are things like the hook rope and stealth in the moment to moment game play?

Like Tanner said, stealth and grappling hook are really important for navigating the levels and outsmarting the enemies. That being said one also has to learn the combat. Most of the levels can be cleared by stealth but at least (mini)bosses require you to master the parrying system.

Finally do not think it as "souls game". It has some elements from souls but plays very differently from them.

omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 02:28:33 PM »

it's a good video game. i've enjoyed seeing fromsoft transition from action rpgs to just making straight up platinum style character action games

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 02:39:19 PM »

it's a good video game. i've enjoyed seeing fromsoft transition from action rpgs to just making straight up platinum style character action games
how true is this because i will put this on my list if its a platinum style parry game. can you do insane combos
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »

how true is this because i will put this on my list if its a platinum style parry game. can you do insane combos

you start the game with a fairly basic combo, but you get a lot of off hand weapons early on that you can work into your attack chains. pretty much every move can be canceled into a dodge or parry. oh and you can quickswap your offhand weapons so you can do a ridiculous combo with your offhand poison sword and finish the chain with an explosion from your fire cannon weapon. there are a lot of options and its fun to mess around with

ramaka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 01:44:12 AM »

I hate this game. Every time when I try to beat the first boss, he just wipe out me! Angry After 10h playing I just gave up on it and back to my favorite Fortnite Tongue
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2019, 04:45:12 AM »

sekiro is like setting up a domino picture that plays dark souls for you when it falls

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Mark Mayers
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 11:03:47 PM »

Sekiro is the DARK SOULS of dark souls

Desolus Twitter: @DesolusDev Website: http://www.desolus.com DevLog: On TIG!
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 12:05:47 AM »

On which platform are you playing it? I played it on PC at 60fps, From Software could put a 60/30fps option on console, I think that 60fps could help to do parry, dodge etc.

Games:

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 02:32:14 AM »

Exactly, in Dark Souls you can make something if you are not skilled enough farming exp points, but in Sekiro you need to rely only on your reflexes.

Games:

FoustemeZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 11:21:49 AM »

I absolutely love sekiro man
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic