Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411499 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 09:35:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralIdeal temp for gpu and cpu ?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ideal temp for gpu and cpu ?  (Read 1341 times)
risen28
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2019, 07:00:18 PM »

I recently got a game which was quite cpu intensive, after playing it for a while my laptop started heating up to the point of where I though I could smell burning.
I stopped and monitored the heat and saw that with CPUID monitor both my cpu and gpu was sitting at 90C now im not sure if theres a limitation to the thermostat ( on how far it can measure )
because it never went above the 90. Most of what I read on online searched say 90 is bad. People are talking about running at 70 degrees Celsius as for intensive gaming.

Is this true? I have done what I can cleaning out the laptop, cooling pad but i dont think there is a way I can stay at 70. Is this the norm? Im happy to frop the game as too much for my comp rather than damaging anything

If there is no enemy with , the enemy outside can do us no harm.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »

Laptops are generally more difficult to dissipate heat, expecially if you are using a laptop for gamedev or gaming, 90 degrees for a laptop is "normal" after a couple of years due to dust and thermal paste.

Games:

Karlipoppins
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »

You could always invest a few bucks in a small tube of compressed air or even open up your laptop to clean up the fans every month or so...
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 01:10:43 AM »

Check up first if opening you laptop void the warranty, most company does.

Games:

Karlipoppins
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 01:34:17 AM »

Check up first if opening you laptop void the warranty, most company does.

AFAIK opening a laptop will never void the warranty (unless you actually cause damage while doing it). Some laptops however have warranty seals covering specific screws, in which case you're better off using compressed air to keep the warranty intact.
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 02:58:17 AM »

Ideal CPU and GPU temp is about 10•C  Cheesy

Maybe lower your gfx settings, disable AA, and activate vsync so your GPU has less work.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic