Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1359244 Posts in 63166 Topics- by 55014 Members - Latest Member: Jack Bandai

April 23, 2019, 02:58:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopPixel Art Feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Art Feedback  (Read 159 times)
LunarWater
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2019, 06:19:24 AM »

Hello

I've been working on these for about 2 days now and was hoping for some feedback to see if these are good or still need work.

I thank anyone that comes by and looks or leaves a comment about it.

1) Bookstore inside

2) Bookstore Outside

3) Character

4) Dirt and Grass, and Concert and Grass

References.

Character Reference.

GTA5 in SNES 16-bit style by Machinima

GTA5 in C64 by Welcome to the 80's

For the Building.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pixel+art+buildings&rlz=1C1SQJL_enCA831CA831&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjRk5XiuJ3hAhXJ1lkKHRoSC7IQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=969#imgrc=j-q1Yt0BGQf_jM:

Shop Inside.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SQJL_enCA831CA831&biw=1920&bih=969&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=2d-YXNDOBOeFggeg5qzACw&q=old+bookstores+inside&oq=old+bookstores+inside&gs_l=img.3...2540.5243..5323...1.0..0.89.665.8......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i30j0i5i30j0i24.oPG1mcSLmzc#imgrc=5Pu_a2Tt2GzmEM:

Land Tiles.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/27/bb/f7/27bbf79998317ed46ebab78e8d936172.png
LunarWater
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:55:35 AM »

Hello

I've been working on pixel animation (I know they are just frames and not a real animation but that's why I'm here) and I'm hoping for some feedback. This character is only for practice so I can get the hang of pixel art but for now I'm I going in the right direction or I'm I way off and need much more practice because I really want to get better at pixel art.

Thank you to anyone that looks or leaves a comment.  Smiley   

Most of the frames I use the GTAV videos and with a little help from this Animation walk cycle video

Dune
Level 0

Hey!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:27:49 PM »

I think you could improve your bookstore sprites by toning down the bright colors of the books. You chose a soothing, duller blue palette that works well for the floor and the storefront, so desaturating the books a bit will help them match better. Also, I just noticed one of your books is empty (middle furthest-right shelf). I think the color variation in the carpet and dirt is a nice touch, you should try doing that with the grass as well (or maybe add flowers, rocks, etc.) As for your walking sprites, you should try making a gif so we can see it in action! Judging from the stills, I think you're heading in the right direction. The arms look really thin when your character moves them away from their body--you might want to try making them 1px thicker, or bending them so it looks a bit more natural. In the GTA video, the arms have a 1px outline, so they don't seem as thin. Also, I wonder if adding a crease where the leg bends in your back walking sprites might make things more interesting than just shortening the leg. Hope this helps!

Also I just wanted to say, congrats on taking the first step and putting your work out there! Coffee You've picked some good references and it's a great idea to start with something simple to get the hang of making sprite art and animating. Good luck with your project! Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic