Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:53:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTrashman
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Trashman  (Read 16701 times)
MrChocolateBear
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 06:32:39 AM »

Thanks for the feedback Aaron! We're still working on controls, but we'll get it right, we promise! Wink A lot of the music in the current version of the game is placeholder, but hopefully by the next release we'll be able to exhibit some of the custom  music being made for the game. Keep the amazing feedback coming! Beer!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »

Note sure why Ari hasn't posted here but I will update you all as an avid fan of TrashMan, (and indeed, the audio director on the Extend Studio team):

http://trashman.x10studio.com/

The new demo is out! With HyperDuck Music as the sound team behind it. Dan & I did Iji before this if you remember it, and are in the midst of a few projects, both complete and in progress, but this is a SERIOUSLY fine update to TrashMan, the mouse aim is now implemented and makes such a massive difference. I highly recommend you go and play the updated demo. Naow.

godsavant
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 06:04:25 AM »

Note sure why Ari hasn't posted here but I will update you all as an avid fan of TrashMan, (and indeed, the audio director on the Extend Studio team):

http://trashman.x10studio.com/

The new demo is out! With HyperDuck Music as the sound team behind it. Dan & I did Iji before this if you remember it, and are in the midst of a few projects, both complete and in progress, but this is a SERIOUSLY fine update to TrashMan, the mouse aim is now implemented and makes such a massive difference. I highly recommend you go and play the updated demo. Naow.

You guys are behind everything. Shocked
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 07:18:21 AM »

This is possible, but improbable.. so I remain silent! Your eyes will pop outta your head when you see what else we are behind lol. Too much, i need to lie down.

Get the blinkin TrashMan demo though! HUZZAH! Tis rock!

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »

GOT IT! its awsum! every1 needs to see this pile o great.
I hear some awsum effects in there duck! I really like the death effect Wink

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 01:33:03 AM »

I'd like to stress that Carv is indeed my best friend IRL and helped me do the jump and run SFX (new run SFX are not in demo, theyll be in full version) not to mention the death effect, which is a mix of both our voices.

FranticPandaKev
Level 1

I wants to Give you SounD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 03:18:54 AM »

DNT STRESS!

Twitter: FranticPandaKev
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:01 PM »

Mawdsy.

Well I am bumping this for justice. I think the Extend Studios team would really appreciate any supportive feedback, and constructive critique, you can offer about the updated demo. It's changes are obvious if you've played the previous demo, but anybody willing to help out and spare their 2 cents for the sake of progress would be loved a lot.

Akari
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2009, 09:23:07 AM »

I don't really have anything constructive to say except that free aim mode with Gamepad should be something like left stick up = jump so that you wouldn't have to constantly move your hand away from the right stick.

But other than that, this game is awesome! The presentation is very nice, and most importantly, it's fun to play! Definitely looking forward to the full version Smiley
skyy
Level 2

[ SkyWhy ]

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »

Here's some constructive feedback: "YOU GUYS FEKKEN RULE!". Keep up the great work.

Wander
Level 1

pixels are my only real friends. (and scotch)

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »

this looks great.  i'll have to DL and try out the demo.

-The Horrible Vikings-

-= artist will paint for scotch=-
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »

Yarr these comments made me smile ^^ Thanks for the support,   Hand Shake LeftCorny Laugh Hand Shake Right

Dim_Yimma_H
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 01:15:19 PM »

Completely awesomely great presentation, it's just stunning. Personally I love the 3D to 2D mix, I don't care about 3D "realism". Hey, the whole graphical presentation is honestly gorgeous!

I like the boss with the quite dynamic gameplay style it encourages, the fights against normal enemies aren't that exciting though (I can't expect them to be though Smiley )

I don't really have anything constructive to say except that free aim mode with Gamepad should be something like left stick up = jump so that you wouldn't have to constantly move your hand away from the right stick.

I too thought about that, I wonder if the shooting direction (merely) could be controlled with the stick and then you shoot with Right Trigger instead, making it possible to shoot and jump at the same time, hmm, it can be hard to change stuff like this at this stage though. I should go and try the other shooting mode too.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2010, 05:52:30 PM »

Bump for justice.

TrashMan has come along quite a bit since this demo, though no further releases have been made, the next time you experience this game, it will be quite different, I must say Smiley

Show your indie support and vote for trashman on this page! One click, no sign ups, good laugh, no beer.. the last point made me sad too tbh.

http://www.moddb.com/games/trashman  I guess...

... Hold on..

one moment...

*rumages*

...YES!!!

Beer!
ALL. IS. WELL!

On a soundtrack and SFX front, Dan & I have almost finished all of the TrashMan audio content and can gurantee some surprises are in store for those avid listenrs or any of our past works. I doubt (m)any follow us but those 2(1.. none?) who do will be pleased! Those who have not heard TrashMan, follow the link my sig and look at the first tune in the demoreel for an older previous from the first demo. That track remains at that quality, more or less, but the rest of the soundtrack will take the listener on quite a journey! (we hope! :S)

Much Love!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2010, 07:53:46 AM »

Shameless plug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaImiTtl86Y

I've uploaded some of the music from the demo onto our youtube channel, it's not pristine quality, but it'll do until we release the official soundtrack, also the game has been renamed to A.R.E.S. Or is going to be.

Show the ducks some support and love! Quark quarrrkkk

HöllenKobold
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2010, 08:43:22 AM »

I loved the demo when I played it awhile. Really can't comment on anything as people already said them all. But yeah,

Hell pits tend to be disguised as
things that would lead a passerby to
not think of them as portals to
eternal gnashing and wailing.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2010, 07:29:31 PM »

Happened upon this by accident, glad I did. Looks fantastic. Hand Thumbs Up Right
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »

I booted into windows just to play this demo. Now there is a Trashman-shaped hole in my heart. I'll be waiting here for you.
supershigi
Level 7

No Yoshi is an Island

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »

Hey I don't know how I missed this thread!  Anyways, I'm glad I found it (thanks Chris for bumping it ^^)... going to download the demo, I can't wait to check it out!

Laura Shigihara | Composer and Game Designer
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2010, 04:13:48 AM »

Aww no problem laura Smiley and glad you guys are interested in this! I think they're enterting it for DBP 2010 as well, I am not sure on the details though, more of them as I get them, or ari patrick (chocolate bear i think is his name on the forums) gets them, he's the extend studio usa correspondent.

Hand Thumbs Up Left Durr...? Hand Joystick

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic