Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:52:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsLooking for an artist for a 2D game. Details inside.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for an artist for a 2D game. Details inside.  (Read 1080 times)
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:20:42 PM »

I've been working on a 2D action RPG for a couple months, I'm thinking on systemic mechanics, interconnected levels designed to be explored at a slow pace, hard hitting critters, inventory management, upgrades come as weapons and tools, and crafting comes in the form of research.
I'm currently building the guts of the thing and writing the story and I'm looking for someone who can do the visuals, if you're a big fan of games like System Shock, Deus Ex, Prey 2017, Dark Souls and the Resident Evil series and can draw better than me (I suck at it) you can send me a PM or contact me in Discord (reiniat#3472) and we can have a chat about it, I haven't decided an art style yet but I'm using skeletal animation atm, I do have character outlines and level layouts blocked out already.

This is my current implementation of your good ol' tetrix inventory, you can hotkey and equip/consume items, pick'em, stack'em, drop'em, etc. I still need a context menu tho.

And this is how combat looks right now, your starting weapon is a wrench (duh!), and there's a poise system that works similar to Dark Souls 1, also the electric stun gun (your first enemies are robots) there's a limited set of weapons and I plan to have all of them do their own thing which is not always murder, and I got ragdolls working today.

This is a big project because I'm just bad at scoping but I plan to have a working level within the next two months that we can release for free as a technical demo, after that we'll probably need funding because I really really want to work on this fulltime.
Reyn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 09:54:24 PM »

Might as well post some of my progress here:

I made it so you can highlight interactive objects with your mouse at a certain distance from the player, its still clunky and I'm prolly going to have to rewrite it tomorrow but hey it works (I still need a solution for controllers cause atm all my code is for mouse and keyboard). I also added a context menu for items when you right click them (no split stack functionality yet tho).

I also made a relay system for interactive objs so they can call other objs and I built an elevator with it, I was surprised with how smooth are Unity's physics, lots of games have stuttering elevators.
Cat Pawns
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 10:28:02 PM »

Hello i am interested, my style is anime/manga if that helps , contact me  if you are interested, i have experience in game dev and i know c++ and c#.
ivanqcomposer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 02:04:22 AM »

Do u need some music? My mail is [email protected]

A hug
eamonkane
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »

I am an indie dev/writer, but first and foremost I work as an actor/voice actor and do voice direction and casting as well. If you're interested in having voice be a part of your project, please get in touch. You can listen to my demo reel here.

https://soundcloud.com/eamonkellykane/eamonkanevideogame/s-RuHI6

Feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic