Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 12:14:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMetriscape - low rez, isometric, pixel + Horse Nebulous
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Metriscape - low rez, isometric, pixel + Horse Nebulous  (Read 6135 times)
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2019, 12:50:18 PM »

Metriscape

*story to come later, maybe*

You navigate the overworld map as a floating flat plane then enter various isometric platforming sections which will include basic combat and maybe some puzzle like elements.

some mockups

earlier mockups

Experiments with dithered patterns. Kept tweaking them in different ways until they began to resemble potential games. That's how I ended up with the Zaxxon looking overworld map for the game.

Horse Nebulous

You are a seahorse larvae born within a nebulous cloud at a sub-spectral level. Corrosion of light and energy has built up over time into a deadly labyrinth of pressurized radiation. Use your magnetic resonance to break through the buildup and to drive away other lifeforms using it's synchronous vibrations.

*another small prototype I might as well include here for now, more info to come later*

bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2019, 01:46:21 PM »

yo this looks really cool! i make experimental game audio (faux 8-bit, sci-fi, ambient, etc) - hit me up if you're looking for help !

portfolio: soundcloud
twitter: @bbtombo
email: [email protected]

archgame
Level 2

I program architecture and build video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 08:53:21 PM »

This art direction is really refreshing, i'm excited to see where it goes. The narrative description and that last gif remind me of ecco on the genesis.

I'm trying to imagine the music that goes with this and it's something synthy and other-wordly.

Will you be posting a demo on itch?

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 07:42:07 PM »

yo this looks really cool! i make experimental game audio (faux 8-bit, sci-fi, ambient, etc) - hit me up if you're looking for help !

portfolio: soundcloud
twitter: @bbtombo
email: [email protected]
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind!

This art direction is really refreshing, i'm excited to see where it goes. The narrative description and that last gif remind me of ecco on the genesis.

I'm trying to imagine the music that goes with this and it's something synthy and other-wordly.

Will you be posting a demo on itch?
Thank you! Ecco has always been one of my favorite games, I tend to include influences from it in my projects here and there.

I have like a track for each prototype so far, both of them being slowed down snythy tracks. Kind of like the genesis ecco music actually.

I will be posting a demo on itch at some point but I'm not too sure when that will be.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic