Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:42:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMonster Girl Farmer (Slightly NSFW, e.g., women in bikinis)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monster Girl Farmer (Slightly NSFW, e.g., women in bikinis)  (Read 13197 times)
AoF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2019, 11:06:41 AM »

Hi all! Monster Girl Farmer is like a restaurant sim, but instead of serving food to customers, you're pampering women who will transform into monster girls.

Here's a GIF of the gameplay:

After the levels end, you're taken to a screen where you can buy upgrades and change the characters' wardrobe.  The gameplay is modeled after a game called "Cook, Serve, Delicious!" You can see some of that game here: https://youtu.be/ItTM08_zFKE?t=153

It might be worthwhile for me to post the placeholder tutorial as it'll describe how to play.  Eventually, this tutorial will be replaced with one that's integrated into the gameplay itself.

Note that all of the UI is placeholder, too.

Although I already have the artists and scripts for the lewd scenes, I want to make sure the gameplay is fun first.  That's where I need help!  I need feedback to make the game fun.  I've been building it for so long, I can no longer see it like someone who's playing it for the first time. Sad

Specifically, I'm looking for this type of feedback:

1. Ideas on where/how to polish aspects of the game to make it more fun and give it a better "feel."
2. Features I could add to make the game more fun.
3. When and why (in your opinion) the game became boring for you and you decided to stop playing.  How far you got when you quit (ie: How much did you unlock?)
4. Any other feedback you want to give me, including bugs. 

I plan to use this guidance to shape what I prioritize next.

Here's my long term vision for the game: You start of as the main character (MC).  Your estranged father's died and unbeknownst to you, you've inherited his farm.  Eva (the tutorial giver) breaks into your house and kidnaps you to help fulfill your father's dying wishes of converting his dilapidated farm into one that thrives.  When you arrive, there are no animals, only human women (the demo starts here).  Unlike other restaurant sims, these characters have personalities, and part of the appeal of the story is going to be getting to learn more about them (and of course to have sex with them). 

All the women want to transform into various monster girls.  It's a two stage process, and when you arrive, they've already completed the first stage.  The first stage only changes their personalities.  e.g., Mia the cat-girl will act like a cat-girl, but she's still physically human.  After the second stage, she'll look like a cat-girl, too (tail, cat ears, paws, but otherwise human).

I've described this in a very dry way to keep it short, but I plan for the game to be a comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously.  When you've got humans acting like animals, there's a lot of opportunity there.  E.g., Imagine Mia the cat girl waking you up by sitting on your face because she wants her breakfast.

Link to the PC Version: https://academyoffetishes.com/newgame/MonsterGirlFarmer-0.034-c148332.zip
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:50:55 PM by AoF » Logged
FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:09:38 AM »

Is there supposed to be a link to play the game? Not sure if I'm blind or what. Shocked
LyricalReverie
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 11:02:45 AM »

Eww
AoF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »

Is there supposed to be a link to play the game? Not sure if I'm blind or what. Shocked
 Ha, that would be an important detail, huh?  Let me edit the post.

Eww

Thank you for the constructive criticism.  I'll work on that right away. 
AoF
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »

Still looking for some feedback.  I just uploaded the latest version (check the OP).  I'm willing to provide feedback on anyone else's game as a trade.  Thanks!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 09:28:53 PM »

Hey AoF,

I played your game and made a recording of it:

- The art and aesthetic were great

- I like the sassy tutorial

- The core game play was pretty good.  I liked that some skill was involved, that puts it a step above other clicker games IMO.

- I would have liked to see the girls show some personality.  Maybe a line of dialogue after each "need" is filled.

- I'm not sure how to put this in words.  The game felt a little... non consensual.  It may be because the girls never talk.  It may be because the girls don't look like monsters / animals.  It bothered me a bit, but that could just be a personal thing.

I think this has a lot of potential.  I look forward to seeing how this advances!
Eyon
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 02:40:55 AM »

I played the game, great work.
  • The animations on characters are cool
  • The fact that even if all the features are not ready yest you still display them and tell us "it'll come soon". That's cool
  • The tutorial is okay too

So I played two levels. Because of the countdown it is a stressful game, not the ones I play usually. Still I have some feedbacks

• I totally failed the first one because I didn't understand I had to press space to validate a set of command and make the panel disappear. Maybe we could also make a panel disappear with "escape" when we fail it ?
  • I didn't find any buttons to quit the game, I had to alt tab.
  • I didn't find any buttons to save the game, maybe because I couldn't find a way to go back to the menu screen. That's a bummer
  • It's a shame that we spend most of the game with a nearly full screen panel that hide the beautiful characters.

So it's not my type of game but it is cool. Actually, I'd like to play more just to dress the girls differently. It'll be nice if we could interact with them and learn to know them. That's what would make me play more.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 01:24:41 AM by Eyon » Logged

Mobile strategy game in the browser: https://eyon.itch.io/agentsxmonsters
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Eyon_Patrick
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic