Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:40:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting3D stickman shooter/platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 3D stickman shooter/platformer  (Read 400 times)
dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2019, 01:57:52 AM »

Dev-log posted at the following link: https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=66054

Hi everyone, So I Ive been working on this game for some time and have reached a point where I would like to get some critical feedback from people.

So this game is made on an engine that I wrote with Java and OpenGL using the LWJGL library. Because of that it should work on Windows, Mac, and Linux... Although I have only tested it on Windows and Linux.

Here is an example of game play you should expect, however this level is not in this demo as it is much further along.  

I know it doesn't look aesthetically very good since I have no knowledge of art but I am working on it.

Controls:

Movement - WASD

Jump - Spacebar

Look Around - Left/Right Arrow, Mouselook

Fire - MouseClick/Enter

Switch Weapons - 1,2,3

Since you cannot move the camera Up/Down, the game can be played without a mouse.

The demo in its current form contains 5 very short levels which convey the general idea of the kind of game play to expect.

I would especially like to have your feedback on the following :-

- Does it work on Mac ( it didn't work on my friend's Mac but even basic java programs didn't work on it)

- Is there too much lag (I have an i3 and it doesn't lag but some of my friends with better computers have experienced some lag)

- If you are using Linux, does it go full-screen properly (for some reason it doesn't on Ubuntu 18.04 )  

Other than that, general critiques and suggestions are always welcome Smiley

Demo Link:- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WeTWfHDj73NZsjtuNacjt2_T_7MJTOf5

The game file is a .jar executable so it will only work if the correct version of java is installed

For Windows:- Double click on it like a normal executable

For Linux:-  Right click inside folder, Select "Open in Terminal" and type "java -jar game_demo.jar" and press enter.

Sorry,I do not know how you would run it on a Mac, but you can probably it like you would any other .jar file.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:07:35 AM by dev4t8 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic