Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411415 Posts in 69361 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 02:16:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingChin Up! Demo Version
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chin Up! Demo Version  (Read 527 times)
Devilu
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »

Chin Up! is a unique combination of Scrabble and card game with jRPG type storytelling, inspired by the atmosphere of visual-novels, designed for a single player.

A game that merges Scrabble and card games rules into one hell of a battlefield!

Become a Summoner and fight using letter cards to summon your tremendous monsters.

Hop into the world full of magic, good people, bad people, douchebags with monsters and many others that want to meet you.

Follow the story and make this adventure the quest of your life!

It's like card games, but here you summon creatures by fulfilling its names with random letters like in Scrabble.

It's like visual novels, but you don't read mass of text, waiting half hour for any interactions, you can always choose what you want to say just like in classic RPGs.

You can build your deck, find items, do quests, level up and visit many bizarre places .

Download demo here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QPv5BcAjNVkMkstYfiXDLgxD6Ud9UNFb

(If you've problem with Starting New Game from Main Menu (or loading one) try to launch game as Administator)

If you complete the demo or play enough to give some feedback, please use this survey:
https://forms.gle/4aU8mLEFUR68QinN9

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 12:05:28 PM by Devilu » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »

Hey Devilu,

I played your game and recorded it:

- The card game is a lot of fun.

- The art / aesthetic is nice and whimsical.

- I like that there is a JRPG like story.

- It took me a minute to figure out that I had to click on the blue square to summon the creature.

- I really like the idea of summoning creatures by spelling their names.  The first 2-3 rounds I didn't get the letters I needed to make another summon.  I think that hurt the pacing a little bit.  Maybe force 1 letter to match what the player needs?

- I'm afraid that players are going to call your game a "Hearthstone Clone."  I don't think this is fair, but that's the first impression I made.  I'm not sure how to fix this, just wanted to call it out.

Great job!  I had a lot of fun.  I had to stop playing because my Laptop was running out of battery, but I wanted to keep playing.
Devilu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 03:40:50 AM »

Hey, jbarrios, sorry for taking some time to get back to you.

Thanks so much for taking the time to test my game!

I've worked really hard to make card game fun, I'm glad you've liked it.

Designing art wasn't easy, cause making aesthetic good-looking and unique at the same time is diffcult. Writing a story was also a challenge, but that was importatnt. You said the game may look like Heartstone clone on the first glance, but that's why the art is diffrent and that's the reason I'm making it single player game with story. I don't want to compete with Heartsone, Magic the Gathering or Gwent, my goal is to made intense and quite unique take on the usual card games without competing with other players on rankings and buying dlc card packs.

I understand what I should fix with tutorial messages, I'll work on it, your comment was helpful.

The pace of battle was something I was working for a long time before releasing the demo. It still needs some adjustments to make it more smooth, thanks for feedback.

I hope more people will play it, so I can make Chin Up! better game.

Have a nice day!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic