Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:40:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfolios*It's All About The Feels* - Composer / Sound Designer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: *It's All About The Feels* - Composer / Sound Designer  (Read 431 times)
erinholmes
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2019, 10:55:22 AM »

Hello Everyone

My name is Erin and I am a Composer, Sound Designer, etc. etc. etc.

While I have been producing work as an aspiring sound designer and soundtrack composer, most of my time recently has been allotted to writing for libraries - commercial advertisements, TV series spots, and cinematic trailers, etc. However, working with video games is where I'd really like to be.

What draws me to working with video games is the diversity and passion in each project. I have a lot of variation spanning across nearly every genre under my belt - I love the freedom of being able to create any mood for any genre at any given time. If I was asked to specify as to a favorite to write, I could only give the wide span of “soundtracks and scores” as my answer because to me soundtracks and scores are not a genre, but a mood to a given moment.

I like things that pull at emotions.

I love anything attached to a story that stretches and develops throughout time. What I do is highly connected with a sense of feeling and a sense of being. To me, it is all about where, what, and why; being aware in a place and being aware of ones self in that place. Everything I work on, I can paint a scene in my head. I can feel the stirring and the yearning of the piece, and I want to be able to help paint these feelings on the insides of people’s minds. The correlation of sight, sound, and feeling - you can have one without the other, but all together they create something so all encompassing and captivating. I love the meticulousness of creating a sonic environment and being able to piece together these individual sounds to create an immersive world.

As far as game soundtracks go, I’ve always been extremely moved and inspired by the Ori And The Blind Forest, Elder Scrolls, Hollow Knight, and Unravel soundtracks. I am particularly in love with the style and moods of these games; fantasy games or anything ethereal, moody, or whimsical and magical. Open world - RPG is as immersive as a project can get, which I love, but honestly, as long as I can immerse into and connect with the game design style and maybe storyline, I can connect with the game.
Themes that tend to inspire my work:

-Celtic
-Viking/Norse
-Medieval/Dark ages
-anything with Elves
-things with magic
-beautiful scenery/nature
-magical forests; warm sunlight peeking through trees
-epic shit
-strong/badass character design

While working with many clients through the years, I have been able to fine-tune a workflow of recording, mixing, and editing and sending out demos, making changes, and sending final products in a timely manner. I am very detailed and prefer strong communication throughout the entire process to ensure each party is understood, needs are met, and to ensure ideas come to life.

I look forward to talking to some of you about your projects and hope to help pour passion into your work, so please have a look at my website and reel. In the meantime, I will link some examples of my work.

Composition/Sound Design Reel: http://erinholmes.me/reel
Composition Playlist: SoundCloud

Cheers and good luck in creating your games!  Coffee
Erin Holmes
erinholmes
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 05:09:26 PM »

Here is my reel: https://erinholmes.me/reel
My favourite composition: https://soundcloud.com/erinholmessound/whither?in=erinholmessound/sets/soundtrack
(the rest of that playlist is a large selection of my works)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic