Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:21:52 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOphidian Wars: The Legend of Kilflame (action/RPG)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ophidian Wars: The Legend of Kilflame (action/RPG)  (Read 2172 times)
Cevo70
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:25:59 AM »

Hi Guys,

I am a bit new here.  I'm having a good time exploring, checking out other people's projects and thought I would partially introduce myself here. 

I am working on an original action/RPG game called Ophidian Wars.   I've been building the world/story from the ground up for 2 years, and then began actual game development in January 2009.  We're moving along a steady clip.   

This game is mean to appeal to the explorer/adventurer type of gamers - those who fell in love with the early Zeldas, Secret of Mana, and even crossing over in to the Diablo crowd.

The first thing I can point you to is the official website (www.ophidianwars.com) and the news/dev blog page (www.ophidianwars.blogspot.com) You'll find a wealth of info on these sites.

I chose a setting that creates a sense of the unknown - a land that is still mostly unexplored, and where different species are meeting for the first time.  What we know as civilization, is in its infancy. 

As the player, you'll guide a young courageous woman named Maya, who's recently been exciled from her home city.   The presence of a new species (the Ophidians Well, hello there!) is creating quite a bit of unrest. 

We're holding back on releasing info on a couple unique mechanics, but we have some nice twists in store on the standards of the genre.   Here is some art and screenshots to wet your whistle.   All feedback and comments are more than welcome.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:33:58 AM by Cevo70 » Logged

MrChocolateBear
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:39:27 AM »

Nice artwork! How close are you to having a publicly playable build? Also, what are you using to make the game?

Cevo70
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:43:32 AM »

We're probably still about 6 months from a playable build.   I guess that depends on how we define 'playable' though.  Wink  Right now, we can build levels/regions in our custom editor and our chracters are animated.   So having Maya run around levels is already fun for us!

Like most games in the genre, it will take alot of time to build all of the content (quests, events, dialogue etc).

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:39:22 AM »

Ooh!  3D action-RPG!  And I really like the character designs you've got there.

I'll definitely keep an eye on this game.   Grin

Cevo70
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 10:29:43 AM »

Hey peeps.  Added a little teaser vid to showcase some art and music. 

http://ophidianwars.blogspot.com/

Should have some gameplay footage soon too.  Well actually we have the footage, but the damn capture software is making it look terrible.  Mock Anger

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 10:43:56 PM »

Yeah, it seems like a few people have been having that problem. I wonder if there's a really good free screen capture utility out there that no one knows about...
Cevo70
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 12:36:06 PM »

Hi Guys, just wanted to provide an update here - as things are coming along nicely.   Major updates include:

1. All animations and graphics are done, and implimented.  Maya has 4 attacks, block, sprint, jog, 2 idles, and a death.  We have about 10 ememies with full animations done as well.   We're just tweaking speeds and so forth to give a crisp and natural feel.  There is a decent chance I'll be adding one more fun character if budget provides.

2. Our custom 3D region editor is going in to beta as we speak.  It's currently fully functional, but we need to filter in some new art assets, and a couple more features like  FP camera views.  This is allowing to do some serious world-building, which is a blast.

3. Fully functional inventory and shop systems.

4.  Next big hurdle is AI.  We have some basic pursuit, attack, and line-of-sight logic in place but we're looking to do alot more.   

Check out the dev site for alot of pics and updates.   We could really use more feedback (and support to keep us going!!).   As another thread was discussing - RPG/action games like this are very demanding!! Smiley  http://ophidianwars.blogspot.com/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic