Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 11:36:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFelt Cute, Might Make This A Demo Later - DEMO
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Felt Cute, Might Make This A Demo Later - DEMO  (Read 421 times)
MackEZ_
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2019, 02:55:28 PM »

Hi, I'm an independent game developer in my last year of schooling, and for a solo project, I'm working on a small demo outside of class on my own time. right now the core mechanics are about 80% with a story, art and music being added later on this month. THE SONG I'M USING IS FROM THE GAME UNDERTALE! COMPOSED BY TOBY FOX, IT'S CALLED "THE SONG THAT MIGHT PLAY WHEN YOU FIGHT SANS" I DO NOT OWN THE SONG. I'M AM USING IT AS PLACEHOLDER WHILE A FRIEND MAKES A SONG FOR THE FIGHT.

right now I'm looking for anybody to play the game, and let me know of any bugs, and polishes that should be made, spelling errors or anything of that sort. thank you for your time, you can download the game from the link below!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wdUCw1wT_7oAJYpNlDaDtvVd-UXYjvDL
Daquerex
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 04:27:32 AM »

Greetings

I decided to download the demo to try it out, but it seems that the data folder is missing.
Without that data folder the game will not even launch.
This should hopefully be an easy fix.

I would also recommend putting a video, a gif, or even a screenshot or two of the game in your post.
Visual information like that can help you net a lot more interest in the game.

Good luck with the project!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »

Hey MackEZ,

I played your game and made a recording:

- I like the Aesthetic

- I like that it's a little weird

- I'm guessing you were inspired by Undertale?  Particularly the Sans fight?  That fight is very memorable and charming.  But one of the main reasons that fight worked in Undertale is the game took it's time to build it up.  The fight is very frustrating, but because I was invested in the characters I was willing to power through.  I have no investment in your story yet, so the fight just felt frustrating.  It's not a bad thing to start the players off easy.

It's a good start.  I look forward to seeing how this evolves.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic