Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 01:51:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Position Filled]Artist needed for an action puzzle game[Position Filled]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Position Filled]Artist needed for an action puzzle game[Position Filled]  (Read 774 times)
devmas
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2019, 06:27:35 PM »

Hello,

I am working on a puzzle game, and I need some 2D graphics. I made a very simple web prototype of the core game that I can show you (requires a keyboard). Here are a few facts about the game:

Facts about the game
  • Without giving away the whole concept, I will say that the game is based on the 15 tile sliding puzzle. There will be a bunch of pieces (e.g. tiles, gems, blocks) in a board that the player will need to slide around.
  • The player will be able to select a character before play. The character will show up in the background (e.g. in the background art) and in very simple win / lose poses or animations.
  • The player can play solo, head-to-head, or against boss characters (things like dragons, wizards, and other fantasy beings).
  • Boss characters will be multi-segmented, and I can animate them in a tool like Spriter or Spline.

What I am looking for from the artist
There's a specific art style I am looking for, but in the name of giving the artist flexibility, these are not necessarily set in stone.

• I am looking for entirely 2D art (ideally not pixel art), but I can do some limited 3D work.
  • I am looking for cartoony graphics that are a little more on the cute side. Think like many Japanese puzzle games like

, Puyo Pop Fever, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Puzzle Bobble / Bust A Move
    . (Sorry for the video embeds, I didn't want that.)
  • The hired artist will have a lot of leeway for design, including the look of the menus, the backgrounds, and characters (though I definitely want ethnic diversity in their looks).

Time Frame
I would like to have a playable demo of the game out by around May 10 because I would like to apply for the game's entry in a local indie game expo (Game Devs of Color in New York City). Because it's a puzzle game, the creation of one or two concept screenshots of the game would actually be a huge part of your work for the demo.

Besides that... There's no particular time frame. You let me know your time frame!

Platforms
PC (Windows/Linux/macOS) will be the primary platform for now, Android will be the secondary one. Consoles are a pipe dream, but it's definitely doable and something I will look into. I will use Java with libGDX and/or C# with Monogame, so targeting different systems will be extremely easy.

Licensing
We can talk about it. At the very least I would like the license to use the artist's work however I'd like, including modification. But I don't need to (fully) own the work.

How much am I going to pay?
I honestly don't know how much this will cost, but definitely give me your general quotes based on the above so I can set my expectations. I'm almost positive I do have money to pay for all of this. The budget for the demo would ideally be at most $1,000, but again, let's talk.

About Me - Can I actually deliver the finished project?
I have strong confidence in my abilities to finish this. I have a published puzzle game on Android and I nearly completed a second action game with a fellow TIGSource member (though it's not published because we unfortunately couldn't agree on our collab terms). I also currently work as a programmer professionally in C# and Java, the very tools I will use to build the game.

Here is a YouTube playlist of those two games and some other random stuff I've programmed for fun over the years.

When and why would I cancel the game? What would happen?
If I decide to cancel the game, it would be after the demo. At this point I will show the game off to several people and gauge their reactions. If the game will cost me a lot of money and I don't think I can turn it into a loved / successful game, then I will either dial the game back, or I will cancel it. I will still pay for the time you put into it, of course.

For what it's worth, I have shown the prototype to various people, and they seem to have loved it.

Contact
- Email me (see my username? That's my gmail.com username) OR
- Send me a private message OR
- Reply to this thread (discouraged)
Ideally send me a portfolio and a quote based on the above. And of course, ask me any questions you'd like.
I will send you my game's prototype, my portfolio, and on request my resume as well.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:17:56 AM by devmas » Logged
airman4
Level 10

Need More Time !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »

Email sent to devmas[a]gmail.com ^^

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic