Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:33:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingFirst person shooter narrative - Play Testing
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: First person shooter narrative - Play Testing  (Read 455 times)
Ribin545
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:07:11 AM »

Hey Guys!
I have seen many awesome games here for testing. I am sharing a free project that I did. It's called Midst of Lost.
As a short overview about the game:
       The game explores the story of a person who becomes a victim of a series of attacks that has been going around the world and he must go against enemies bigger, faster, and stronger than him!

Game Play Footage with trailer:

A few screenshots from my blog:

I do need general feed back but however what I really want to know is how far the story (The story was made simple on purpose) was conveyed and what is the overall experience in the game such as the moods and feels.
Here is the download link on Itch:https://cosine-interactive.itch.io/midst-of-lost
Here is the download link on IndieDB :https://www.indiedb.com/games/midst-of-lost-a-story-driven-shooter-game/news/midst-of-lost-a-story-driven-shooter-game

Please do note this is an amateur game made in a month using pre-made assets  Grin because I love making games and my intent is to touch my audience's heart with my game. I know its too much to say for a beginner but still any feed back is much appreciated and I hope you guys enjoy my game

Thanks,

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 08:26:42 PM »

Hey Ribin545,

I played your game and recorded it:

- I really like the narrative.  I like how the game starts.  It really draws me in

- The graphics are pretty good

- I like how when you wanted to draw the players attention to something you just turned the camera to it while still letting me keep control

- The controls don't feel as tight as they could be, especially the jumping

- I don't understand why I died at the end of level 2.

Well done!  I'm interested to see where this game goes.
Ribin545
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 06:35:34 AM »

Hey Ribin545,

I played your game and recorded it:

- I really like the narrative.  I like how the game starts.  It really draws me in

- The graphics are pretty good

- I like how when you wanted to draw the players attention to something you just turned the camera to it while still letting me keep control

- The controls don't feel as tight as they could be, especially the jumping

- I don't understand why I died at the end of level 2.

Well done!  I'm interested to see where this game goes.
Hey Thanks jbarrios

Thank you for taking the time to test my game. The reason for dying in the second level is because the city exploded before you could reach your car to escape. I guess I kind of failed in giving the instructions part  Giggle You could also change weapons using the mouse wheel up.  Grin It's kind of Infinite ammo the energy for the gun comes from his body
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic