Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:04:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsBCE [Vaporware Compo Entry]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: BCE [Vaporware Compo Entry]  (Read 3781 times)
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »

Alright, so I decided to do a version of the vaporware game B.C.

Now, I didn't really know much about the game, and didn't even know it existed until it was "indefinitely delayed" then canceled.  However it was a game about cavemen, and there need to be more of those.  Since I had other projects to work on, I decided to filter the original down to it's bare essence.  After a bit of research on the game, I decided that the main essence of the game was, in fact, "Cavemen setting Dinosaurs on Fire."  Well, hello there!

You can download the result here.

I may make some changes to the game before the deadline, but for now, this is the game.

You play as a caveman who must defend his village from dinosaurs.  You are armed with flaming arrows which you must use to kill the dinosaurs before they reach your village/eat you.  There are also many shrubs which are hindering terrain at the best and quite dangerous when on fire.

There are two types of dinosaurs.  Slower dinosaurs which attack your village and smaller, faster dinosaurs which go after the caveman.

Controls:

WASD to move
Mouse to aim
Mouse button to fire arrows.
Space Bar to eat a shrub.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 07:18:33 PM by malec2b » Logged

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:51:12 AM »

I've made an update to the game.  The game now randomly generates shrub locations.  There are also more shrubs.  This leads to a much more intense game and forces the player to be cautious about setting too many shrubs on fire.  I also made arrows deal more damage.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »

Alright, so I've added dynamic environments, a small amount of resource management (in the form of a need to eat), and the ability for dinosaurs on fire to set shrubs on fire.  Also, shrubs on fire will eventually burn away.

You can use the space bar when on a shrub to eat it to lower your hunger.  If your hunger gets to 100, it's game over.

With all of this, the game has been upgraded from ridiculous to insane.   Screamy

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »

Uploaded a new version.  Only some slight changes, such as the addition of a start screen.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic