Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:29:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[ALPHA TESTING][PC] Something Ate My Alien
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [ALPHA TESTING][PC] Something Ate My Alien  (Read 1137 times)
RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »

Our game "Something Ate My Alien" is just starting Alpha Testing.

SAMA is a hand painted, digging and puzzle adventure where you take the role of a mining ship and the little Alien blob crew hijacked by a pirate ship. Your Aliens have to dig, fight and puzzle their way through the subterranean worlds fulfilling the ransom demand.

Watch our trailer here, to see it in action.

Some screenshots and info about us and the game.

My partner and I have been developing the game for over 2 years.
I do the development, and she does the artwork. We are now close to releasing the game, but first we must test!

The game is a mix of puzzles with blocks, exploring and collecting items and fighting with the locals.

There are 4 planets to visit, and many puzzles to complete on each planet. Each planet has it's own environmental features.

The more loot you collect that doesn't need handing over to the pesky pirate, can be used to upgrade the equipment for your little aliens. Protection for the harsh planet environments, and new guns to eliminate the enemies getting in your way. But watch out, something is out there to get you!

We would like people to play our game and give general feedback, but specifically:

1) Is it fun to play?
2) Would you play it to the end?
3) How do you find the music?
4) Performance, is it above 60FPS constantly?
5) Any frustrating parts, where you feel it's either un-fair or just not fun.
6) Any errors you encounter.

If you feel like testing for us, then click the link below and read our instructions on how to become an Alpha tester.

http://www.somethingatemyalien.com/forums/Thread-Sign-up-for-Alpha-Testing

Thanks for your time, Rob & Kat.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 01:04:27 PM by RoKabiumGames » Logged

RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 11:05:58 AM »

We've just released a new update (r0.803) to the game to include lots of fixes and things people have requested.

We're still looking for testers if anyone is interested, follow this link and sign up!

Thanks, Rob.

RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 08:09:46 AM »

We've just released a new Alpha version (r0.804) of our game "Something Ate My Alien".

Thanks for all the great feedback we've had from the previous testing, and hopefully this version has some of your changes in!

The big feature for this release is we now have all the sounds and music in, with over 120 sound effects and 11 music tracks!

Hope you like them Smiley

If you are already an Alpha tester for us, you should have had an email explaining everything.

If you wish to sign up for Alpha testing then please follow this link to join in: http://www.somethingatemyalien.com/forums/Thread-Sign-up-for-Alpha-Testing

Thanks, Rob.

RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 11:43:58 PM »

We've just released a new Alpha version (r0.805) of our game "Something Ate My Alien".

Thanks for all the great feedback we've had from the previous testing, and hopefully this version has some of your changes in!

This release has some big changes, specifically around simplifying the UI and game play. The pirate list is now much simpler and there is no need to manually send the items to the pirate, he takes them automatically. We have changed Units to Energy, and Energy is now used to build upgrades, along with other items you find. Lots more upgrades have been added.

We've added a tutorial section at the beginning to show the user what to do and how to play the game.

Next up, we are looking at the 'Somethings' and adding things to make them more unique, and also Enemy AI.

If you are already an Alpha tester for us, you should have had an email explaining everything.

If you wish to sign up for Alpha testing then please follow this link to join in:

Thanks, Rob.

Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 02:57:45 AM »

This actually looks really nice. Quite large blocks, which I find a bit off-putting because it reduces the "digging" feel for me. But I guess you can build better puzzles with a limited count of larger elements.

Ain't got no time, though, so I won't volunteer for testing

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 03:12:13 AM »

This actually looks really nice. Quite large blocks, which I find a bit off-putting because it reduces the "digging" feel for me. But I guess you can build better puzzles with a limited count of larger elements.

Ain't got no time, though, so I won't volunteer for testing
Thanks!

Yes, we went with the bigger block look as puzzling was our main focus, rather than digging. It speeds up movement for us, as the game is more like Dig-Dug/SteamWorld Dig, rather than Terraria.

RoKabiumGames
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »

We've just released a new Alpha version (r0.807) of our game "Something Ate My Alien".

We are now releasing through Steam, because we have Steam Achievements in-game, along with loads of changes to make the Enemies and Somethings more exciting!

This release includes a large amount of bugs and features requested from our current testers, but we would like more people to test and see what they think.

If you wish to sign up for Alpha testing then please follow this link to join in:

Thanks, Rob.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic