Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:08:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSD Mecha Online
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SD Mecha Online  (Read 1709 times)
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2019, 05:31:09 AM »

Hello! This is my game SD Mecha Online that I'm working on, it's a pvp game 4vs4 with online where you can build your own Mecha and can create your loadout with all the different part on it!

The gameplay is based on SD Gundam Online (

)

First Map :

Some Gameplay Gif :

Teaser of my own first Mecha :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=C4s60GZF_go

Plan :
-First Gameplay Prototype, with Mecha Design from SDGO
-Rework all graphic charts with our own Mecha Design
-Online gameplay
-Rent Online Server
-Constantly working on new maps to add
-New modes : Conquest, Objectives, ...
-Mecha Customization (Part System: allow you to take any piece of a Mecha and mix it with others to make your own, that change statistics, gameplay and visual)
-Mecha Transformation: Ship Mode, Armor Mode, etc.
-Mecha Visual change, can allow you to change only some Parts of your Mecha visible onto another Parts (Transmogriff)
-Dock System : Huh?
-Volt Sytem : Huh?
-Mix Plan : Allow you to create a Mecha without get it directly, can be obtained with a bunch of another mecha to make the on you need
-Mode Battle Royale with your own Mecha!

So what's you're thought about it? =O

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 06:23:05 AM by OmeGaCinoS » Logged
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:26:18 AM »

Online already implemented with Photon Engine, now I'm setting up account creation, save data on the cloud, all with PlayFab (Microsoft).

I think for making a MMO like it's a good base, and because I'm actually solo on dev, it makes me don't waste a lot of time with Analytics, setting up servers, webservice, etc.

During this month I will try to setting up an entire game match, online, in team, with winner and loser! That will be a real good improvement, but first I need to make... ALL menus... Damn it!
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 09:25:57 AM »

An artwork of my graphist of our first original Mecha design, the Vanguard :

OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 09:25:56 AM »

Always working on the game, a lot of time on the menu... I hate this! xD

I was setting up the room to prepare the game launch on online multiplayer, here what's it looks like for now :

I need to make this sexier, add a posing to the Mecha, and some other things, work in progress!
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 07:10:50 AM »

Today always working on menu, particulary the Room, link all settings on online, and improve visual style

OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »

No news for a while! I was stuck in a problem to synchronise all players in the room with settings and loading scene to another with a loading screen and visualize loading bar of each player :

It works now! But a little weird thing, even when it takes time, the bar pass to 0% to 100%, in Unity this is pretty fast too, but I think I will fake some "progress" because I need to settle couple things behind this loading screen
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 04:58:31 AM »

Lack of news lately, I was fixing a lots of bugs in the game... and that's not even yet to finish!
But I'm progressing, now I can play in a room full to 8 players and select my team.

Here is a video of the Autolock system of the game, based on SDGO (SD Gundam Online).

There are multiple subtility in it, and one that we show off now, is the particularity to follow enemy player but when the enemy is moving, the lock start to create an offset to targeting efficiency!

The more the enemy player move fast, the more offset we get!

Next video will show you how to compensate this offset!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:39:25 AM by OmeGaCinoS » Logged
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 03:23:18 AM »

Here's some gameplay footage showing how the autolock system works ingame with the offset mechanic.

To compensate offset, when you are locking onto a target, you will need to follow his movements to aim more efficiently.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 05:42:54 AM by OmeGaCinoS » Logged
OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 02:22:04 AM »

Here is the second mecha we are working on :

OmeGaCinoS
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 06:22:12 AM »

I'm working with FMOD for sounds, and I didn't know it was free for indie developers!

I'm now working with FatBard, that already make some sound design on other indie game! Thanks to this forum!
FMOD save me a lot of time for scripting and have better management of sound that basic Unity engine!

If everything goes in this right way, the next gameplay video will have some sounds in it! ^^
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic