Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1372961 Posts in 64804 Topics- by 56984 Members - Latest Member: MaximumWage

February 17, 2020, 02:01:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Mission - spider bot side-scroller
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: The Mission - spider bot side-scroller  (Read 6173 times)
Shephf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2020, 01:54:29 AM »

Made this "fish first encounter" cutscene:

I finally get to use all these fancy water effects I made before Smiley This is just the beginning though, I want to have much more sophisticated water scenarios later

Prinsessa
Level 10

Ava Skoog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2020, 10:24:29 AM »

That is so good, with the flooding! Terrifying.

Shephf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2020, 09:23:53 PM »

That is so good, with the flooding! Terrifying.
Thanks) Ye, it's also fun to make those liquid interactions, stuff like flooding and flushing, I'm planning to make more later and m.b. with the airlocks, i.e. you'll be able to transitions between flooded and normal areas through a chamber that'll flush the water

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2020, 01:42:11 AM »

I agree with Prinsessa, that's a fantastic first encounter (you could even build up the tension a bit longer before the glass breaks)

When players reach this point, will they have seen any liquid interactions yet? Because I'm thinking: there's plenty of games where liquids are either non-existent or just a "static" thing that affects movement, so if you avoid all liquids until that moment, then they won't know the game has liquid physics yet and you can really surprise them!
Shephf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2020, 02:15:09 AM »

I agree with Prinsessa, that's a fantastic first encounter (you could even build up the tension a bit longer before the glass breaks)

When players reach this point, will they have seen any liquid interactions yet? Because I'm thinking: there's plenty of games where liquids are either non-existent or just a "static" thing that affects movement, so if you avoid all liquids until that moment, then they won't know the game has liquid physics yet and you can really surprise them!
Thanks) Nope, that's not the first time when the player interacts with liquids. At the beginning of the level you immediately drop into water with no enemies in it, you'll also see a hint that this is a new environment and key mapping for swimming and boosting. Then you'll need to get out of this safe water and go further, this "bunker" like thing goes right after that, so you've just seen the water and when the glass breaks you know what to do (kinda) Smiley

Shephf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »

Hey, everyone, guess what, The Mission got featured on GameJolt:

https://gamejolt.com/discover

It's gonna hang around for about a week and then it'll be in featured list and gonna come up periodically on game updates. Pretty cool!

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2020, 02:25:27 AM »

Wow, and it's not even out yet Who, Me?
Shephf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2020, 02:26:59 AM »

Wow, and it's not even out yet Who, Me?
Well, there is a demo with a single level, that's something I guess Smiley

Prinsessa