Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:22:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsModest Hero
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Modest Hero  (Read 5372 times)
Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 10:57:55 PM »

Victor is going to rush into a revolt on Paris streets. I tried to make a crowd which looks like idling in a protest. I assigned different animations to them, and this is the result.

Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 10:28:36 AM »

I was neglecting my dev-logs for a couple of weeks. It is because last week, I released a pre-alpha trailer for the game. That was a milestone for me. From this day on, I'm returning to Unity, which I missed a lot. I hope you like the trailer.

Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 10:14:26 AM »

I finally leave marketing/promoting work behind and started to real game developing jobs. The prisoners perform more variety of contact with each other in the fifth chapter, like transferring objects or communicating in alternative ways. I have finished most of the fifth episode in a week. The interactions between the prisoners are the most challenging part of the mechanics to me because they always create new glitches. So I have to test them over and over again to solve them.

Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 10:03:12 PM »

Weekly Blog: November 4-8

I decided to write weekly logs to make more consistent progress sharing. Firstly, I couldn't finish the chapter 5 last week. So I start to work with that. I was trying to make an item transferring chain between the captives with avoiding the guard's eyes. I imported an exact timing mechanism to bypass the guard to give the things.

After that, chapter 5 completed, and I started chapter 6 immediately. That episode needs a night version of the city. After some photoshop work, I obtain a draft scene that satisfies me to begin scripting the scene. The scene starts with the dialogues and some simple walking moves. After that, the tricky part comes — the fighting mechanism... which I didn't know how to make.

I started with the hitting and guarding animations inherently. The hard one is controlling the NPCs. To this day, I wrote simple primitive AI codes for the NPCs. For example, starting animations at a time and end it with a command, etc. But this is a little bit different for me. The soldiers have to have a task to beat the protagonist or take guard sometime or move back or forward sometimes. I need to think well before I start coding.

Again, I made an IENumerator and loop with proper timing for the NPC's. That's the only way I know to move a game object automatically. The only missing thing is outside interference to that timing. With that modification, my AI for the guards is ready. And with the damage measurement, of course.

Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 09:32:16 AM »

Weekly Blog: November 11-15

Simple IENumerators did not work for the guard's fighting mechanism. I need to write more functional scripts with defining different conditions to move the guard realistically. I think I can handle it. The only thing that left is designing the scene, placing NPCs, and direct them to the protagonist at the right time.

Before that, I added a life bar for both the protagonist and the guard, and something weird has happened. The damage is sometimes falling without the punching animation play. I need to fix it. Also, I noticed some realism problems with fighting when I work on the animations. If the player always runs on to the guard and press the punch button repeatedly, he/she can skip the combat moves and knock down the guard easily. Specifically, this part of the scripting bored me for some reason. I don't know. I can easily say that my working performance dropped dramatically this week. That's sad.

I also wrote a fighting routine for the Alexandre (the supporting character). He only swings some punches, and after the protagonist beats his enemy, Alexandre is doing the same thing.

By the way, I figure out one missing thing for the game. Modest Hero is a story based game which supported by some action-adventure mechanics. However, the player may not understand the characters or the events during the first scenes. I will try a short cutscene before the episodes and see what happens.

I felt a little sick in the middle of the week, so I cut the work and also be late for the blog. But I'm fine now.

Gleb
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2019, 09:46:57 PM »

Weekly Blog: November 25-29

Finally, I finished episode six. That was the sloppiest work that I have ever done. Lots of game objects and all the tutorials are missing. But I satisfied what I've done. I think the color palette and atmosphere of this scene is the best by far.

After that, I continued to translate the dialogue lines into English. The demo must be ready for the next week (I hope). Also, the menu buttons, tutorials, and some other UI elements have some text to translate.

A vital thing is missing in the game, which is the sound. I started to import character and ambient sounds and compose some tracks for certain atmospheres of the scenario.

If I can finish the demo next week, I will immediately start to chapter seven. I feel both happy and anxious while I am getting to the end of the game closer.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic