Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 01:53:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioSuggestions for good isolating headphones
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for good isolating headphones  (Read 1709 times)
jerryjones
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:48:44 AM »

Hi there

I'm working at a small indie game company, where I do all the sound stuff. [spam links removed]

I work mostly at the office, not having my own dedicated room, which means I'm working with headphones on. I know this is far from ideal, but I have to make do. The others are usually really nice about being quiet when I ask, but I can't do that all the time.

So I'm searching for a pair of headphones with really good isolation to minimize the problem of them speaking/making noise which interferes with my sound work. They of course need to have good quality and have a reasonably flat frequency response. Right now I'm using a pair of audio-technica m50x, which I like, but they don't isolate fully, of course. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears (pun intended).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 04:32:24 AM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
woodsmoke
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 02:28:22 AM »

I had a pair of AKG K 270 wich are fully closed headphones. Pretty good you see them everywhere in studios and they are affordable. I just saw your audiotechnica are closed too. Personally I wouldn't use noise cancellation headphones. Maybe box yourself in with sound absorbers around your workspace.

Groovemachine
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 02:51:51 AM »

Best value for money is the audio technica m50x
My dream headphones are the beyerdynamic dt 990 pro (tight bass response) and seems more roomy then others

If its for mixing audio try and avoid only using headphones. It is possible but you will have to reference a lot!

Cool
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic