Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:55:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNinjam.io - multiplayer browser. Fight level up and choose unique abilities.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ninjam.io - multiplayer browser. Fight level up and choose unique abilities.  (Read 1020 times)
BrandLibel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2019, 10:16:56 AM »

My game Ninjam.io is out in beta now. Would love to hear any and all feedback.

In this game, you run around and fight demons and other ninjas. Collect the orange orbs for XP to level up and gain new abilities like cloning yourself.

PLAY HERE: https://ninjam.io/

TrisB
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 06:39:49 PM »

Nice game, just have a couple thoughts:

The camera movement can sometimes be a little disorienting as the mouse is swung around your player. It could be just an issue of the camera accelerating a little too fast relative to the mouse, personally I'd try smoothing that out a bit! (Might also just be my internet connection adding some lag to things as well.)

The way the character turns their face away from the mouse pointer is causing a bit of a disconnect for me, too. I think with these top down shooters, I find myself subconsciously drawing a line between the character's face and my pointer, so when the face is looking off in a slightly differently direction, my brain can't understand whether the throw is going to go toward the mouse, or in the direction the character is looking.

Otherwise though, nicely done. I like the idea of multiplayer fighting match that is occasionally interrupted by a giant purple demon. Keep it up!
BrandLibel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 07:42:58 PM »

Hey TrisB thanks for the feedback!

The camera swinging motion is fast, but it should be smooth. If it feels disorienting or jittery then something is wrong - does it seem like that's the case?

The way the character turns their face away from the mouse pointer is causing a bit of a disconnect for me, too. I think with these top down shooters, I find myself subconsciously drawing a line between the character's face and my pointer, so when the face is looking off in a slightly differently direction, my brain can't understand whether the throw is going to go toward the mouse, or in the direction the character is looking.

By this I'm assuming you mean the throwing/attack animation, when does a throw and turns their head - yes I'll keep this in mind if I get the animations redone in the future.

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 06:59:31 PM »

Hi BrandLiable,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

rshum85
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 11:03:45 PM »

Cool game concept!
Pros
-I like the power ups available
-Very easy to learn
-Simple, clear icons

Cons
-Bombs don't stop at grey areas (shouldn't it be a wall?) they go through it sometimes
-Ninjas hands are backwards when character is moving backward so it looks a bit awkward (i understand why it's backward when running forward...like a ninja, right? Smiley )
-Enemies enter in green safe areas and exit in seemingly random locations which makes it very hard to avoid sometimes
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »

Played your Game - Here's my Feedback

Foreword
English isnt my first language. If you struggle to understand, tell me, i rephrase then.

Graphics:
Hm. Basic for an "io"-game.

Sound/Music:
I dont remember any.

Gameplay/Mechanics:
Hm. I think i got the concept. A typical io-game. Be the best. But sadly, it was boring as hell. Sure, no players there but also the pve element was very boring. The skills you could unlock where boring and i think the main skill overlaps all the time when you try to get a second passive or so. Extremely confusing.

With many players playing, i guess there are others zones then to be unlocked? Allthogh i would stick to the very first io-games (country balls or whatever it was). No specials, just growing Smiley

The Idea on the other hand, is, of course interesting and i am looking forward to see what you're making out of it.

Keep on making your game, finish it, its super important that you do that. Not only do you learn a lot making games, you get better with every line of code, with every new pixel drawn. Dont let strangers critique take your motivation - at the end, we're just random strangers on the internet.

Stay crunchy.
BrandLibel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, and sorry for the late reply - I haven't checked here in a while.

@jbarrios Thanks very much the video review. I noticed a consistent problem was that you couldn't shoot during moving. This should be possible, so it's probably a bug. Can you share what computer/device, operating system, and browser you used when you recorded the video?

From watching your video I can see lots more things I can improve and clarify. Thank you again for taking the time to make it, it's really helpful!

@rshum85 I've decided to let certain things like Bombs and the Big Shurikens go through rocks. The intent is that Bombs are being thrown in the air, so they can go over things like rocks, and the Big Shurikens are powerful and slice through the solid rock.

You get the idea behind the running with arms behind the back Smiley

I see your point regarding the green areas. They are supposed to be bushes and for hiding, but I may have to come up with some way so you aren't surprised by the red demons coming out of it.

@Narsiph Yes the PVE element is definitely boring on its own - it's not meant to be played alone. Once it's improved some more and out of beta I will promote it more and there should be more players.

BrandLibel
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2019, 11:45:18 AM »

Recently, I've added user account registration and tracking of stats.

I would love to hear any thoughts or feedback!

https://ninjam.io/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic