Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:29:51 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[win/android] SlipSlop - World's Hardest Platformer?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [win/android] SlipSlop - World's Hardest Platformer?  (Read 714 times)
0taste
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2019, 02:17:14 AM »

Hi,

So for some time I've been experimenting/prototyping with Unity and this is one of the projects I came up with.

When I started making this game it wasn't really the easiest game I've ever played, but not the hardest either. But as time passed by, me playtesting the game, I got used to it and it became really easy.

But all of the people (casual gamers) that have tested the game say it is impossible to play. That it doesn't require any skill just pure luck (which is wrong as you can see in the video, I manage to easily score high points in the game).

The point in the gameplay is to spend as little time as needed on a platform (gain only as little velocity as needed), otherwise you speed up and you will slip off.

Is the game really hard, or just not for casual gamers? How should I market it?

Here is some gameplay footage

https://gfycat.com/fakeknobbyflycatcher-slipslop-io-frustrating-challenging-platformer

The game can be downloaded on itch: https://0taste.itch.io/slipslop
and on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zerotaste.slipslop

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:15:31 AM by 0taste » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 10:35:50 AM »

Hey 0Taste,

I played your game.  I recorded my game and my thoughts:

0taste
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 07:55:40 AM »

Hey, thanks a lot for that!!

The bugs you experienced are a real shame. I was aware of them for a long time and should've fixed them...

For the gameplay. If you can see in my gameplay video you shouldn't really stay too long on a platform. Most of the time you should jump as soon as you land on it.
(Sometimes if you need to wait for another platform to align, just make mini-jumps on the one you are standing atm so you don't gain too much velocity)

If you try to play the game that way it will be a lot easier.
I should somehow make a little tutorial in the game for the new players about that, I just don't know how to execute it  Undecided (Any advice?)

Thanks a lot once again!
Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 05:16:14 PM »

Played your game - Here's my Feedback

Foreword
English is not my first language. If you dont understand something, tell me, i rephrase it then.

Graphics:
Simple. I like it. Nothing distracts.

Music/Sound:
Simple. Could be more in the background but didnt annoy me. As well as the sounds.

Mechanics:
A key destroyer. If you need to counter the friction with many many small hops its not good. Also: There is no reward in timing a good jump as for staying in the middle and not sliding too much. But i even stood at a very end of a platform and i was still thrown off.

You have to wait until you get a good pattern. Restarted the game many times until i got one. Reward skilled players with a not so sliding part in the middle section. The learn-effect for me was: I like my space key, i dont wanna destroy it.

Overall a neat game. It has no purpose, sadly. Nothing to learn, no tricks you could invent to get around. Others may like it. Keep making your game, finish it no matter what people tend to say. At the bare end, i am just a random stranger on the internet.

Stay crunchy.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic