Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:56:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMecho Wars
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mecho Wars  (Read 2325 times)
LucBernard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2009, 05:24:12 AM »

Hey Guys,

Here is my new game, that I started working on after Eternity's Child (which was a complete disaster)

Mecho Wars, a Advance Wars like for iPhone. Only that well their is a enviromental difference, every turn a hour passes and at night the water freezes which changes your strategy.

It's currently in the top 100

http://www.appvee.com/t/mecho-wars

Anyway, the next game in the Mecho franchise would be Mechopolis, a robot building game (something quite different) but that won't be finished until 2010

You guys can check out some artwork for the franchise.

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 06:35:24 AM »

oddly enough, I bought it yesterday (stockpiling apps to keep me busy on a trip).

It's pretty good for the 5 minutes I played, but I'm saving it and the other ones I got for my trip.

Wasn't it released a while ago?
m3xican
Level 1

si vis pacem para bellum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 06:40:36 AM »

The graphics is nice and original and Advance Wars is one of the best TBS games ever, so... a good mix for a successful game Wink
If I had an iPhone, probably I would buy it.

Good luck with the sale!

Davide "m3xican" Coppola - Vindicta Games

Sim Betting Football, the only football betting simulation game
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 06:52:08 AM »

Would there be any chance of a PC release? I don't have an iPhone to play it with, and it looks really interesting.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »

Frankly, I find it uninteresting when another game is nearly identically copied, and this just seems to be too similar to Advance Wars for my personal taste. Still, it looks well done and as far as I've seen there aren't many other AW-likes of good quality around for the iPhone/iPod Touch, so I guess especially for the low price one can't go wrong with it. And not to forget that even if the gameplay is not original, the art design gives it a nice own charme Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 01:20:11 PM »

Frankly, I find it uninteresting when another game is nearly identically copied, and this just seems to be too similar to Advance Wars for my personal taste. Still, it looks well done and as far as I've seen there aren't many other AW-likes of good quality around for the iPhone/iPod Touch, so I guess especially for the low price one can't go wrong with it. And not to forget that even if the gameplay is not original, the art design gives it a nice own charme Smiley

that would be the case if they released it for the DS but all he's doing is filling a gap the iPhone desperately needed filled and for that I applaud him.
Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

that would be the case if they released it for the DS but all he's doing is filling a gap the iPhone desperately needed filled and for that I applaud him.
Although I know of at least one other game for the iphone which seems quite similar (though hex-based) in quality, I understand what you mean. But I, personally, am less interested in a game like this when it is so obviously nearly the same as another one I've already played.
Still, like I said, I can understand that someone wants to have "Advance Wars on iPhone", and I guess at such a low price point and seemingly good polish there's hardly reason to argue against that Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
LucBernard
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:12:29 PM »

well the game is not a exact clone, it has its own features such as the time that goes by that can change the gameplay depending on what hour

but it was made especially for the iphone since it is full of Tower Defense titles, not TBS games Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic