Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:15:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSlimorphorm - Action Platformer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Slimorphorm - Action Platformer  (Read 1207 times)
PixeliteStudio
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:26:59 AM »

Devlog 00 Date: 12TH JUNE 2019

Slimorphorm started around 4 weeks back, so since i estimated the current progress to be less than 10%, i shall just leave it as 0% then, since there are loads to do.

Story

The world was thrown into a state of unbalance when the Demon lord conquered the world and captured the best warriors of the other realms, all except for one, the Slime realm, where the world sees as the weakest and lowest life form in the world. Besides, slimes are not known to die, so the demon lord saw no reason to conquer them. With the world in an unbalanced state, the king slime made his decision, to send their best warrior to save the captured warriors of the other realms and ultimately defeat the demon lord, to return balance back to the world.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You play as a lone slime in a fantasy world, and the sole reason why you are the best warrior of the slime realm was because you could morph into creatures you consumed! Venture out into the world, "collecting" enemies and creatures that you can morph into, defeat the demon lord's minions and generals and save the warriors of the other realms to prove that slimes are as good and as capable! But beware, out somewhere, the demon lord is clearly unhappy towards what you will be doing to his newly conquered world!

Inspirations

I was watching the anime "That day i reincarnated as a Slime" and i was immediately in love with it! I think it is cool that the slime is able to transform into creatures it consume! So i wondered if it's possible to bring it into life via coding and hence Slimorphorm is created! I rarely play action packed platformers, but the most recent one i played was Dead Cells, so it became part of my inspiration!

Some Game Mechanics

One of the game mechanics Slimorphorm offers is the wide range of skills a player can obtain through the entire journey in this game! Apart from permanent passive skills which players can upgrade through coins earned in this game, every morph the player obtained has its very own individual skill tree, which can either be attack enhancements, or acquiring a whole new attack! The video below shows 3 unique secondary attacks the slime can have after achieving upgrades!

The second game mechanic Slimorphorm offers is the idea of consuming and thereby attaining the form of the enemy you consumed, likewise, its abilities which again, can be upgraded via it's unique skill tree! Also, each morph has its own special ability or unique skill. For example, the slime's unique skill is consumption, which means only in the slime form can the player consume and obtain morphs! For the eyeball, which is shown below, its unique skill will be freezing enemies for a few seconds when shot by its laser! So with that being said, if the entire game offers 50 different morphs, there are 50 different unique abilities to explore! Of course, unique skills cannot be changed for every morph!

My own thoughts

I have actually shared my gradual my progress to communities such as reddit. I received a lot of positive feedbacks and grew my community of 5 people to 82 people overnight. I have a lot of people asking me how i am able to progress so much in 3-4 weeks, and to be honest, the first 3 weeks i worked very hard; coding, drawing and typing for up to 10-12 hours a day. Besides, i have planned this game around April, but i could not start creating this game because my semester have yet ended. So back then i spent my time just writing down and sketching on my small note book to prepare for what's to come. Oh, and yea, some introduction, i am currently a second year university student studying information security... and now's my summer break, which will end around mid August. So while i currently have the luxury of time to progress as much as i can before the new semester starts, i am more worried about the slow progress that will come when the semester start... But i won't give up on Slimorphorm though, i am simply worried about the slow progress, and not actually dropping this indie project of mine. And yes i am a solo developer, if you have yet realised!

For now i shall focus on Slimorphorm, the worries can come later i guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Some notes about the gameplay

• Player has a limit of up to 3 different morphs, excluding Slime!
  • If a player has maximum morphs and still chose to consume, the player has to give up one of the morphs (Again, excluding the slime)
  • There is therefore no turning back once you decided to consume a morph and you already have maximum number of morphs!
  • Slime skill points are obtained only after defeating elite monsters! (Or otherwise known as Bosses)

What next?

I will be drawing more than coding for perhaps the next few weeks though, since i have yet draw the pixel art for my other monsters. Maybe before that i can start coding the AI for my enemies! The reason why i like coding because it lets my "out of the box" thoughts be a reality and that's just really cool!

I plan to do up a level showcase game (Pre-demo game) before the end of this year, which will feature 4-5 different morphs and a mini boss! Till then! After that phase the game should be then 10% done hahaha then i can focus on game demo after receiving the feedbacks and of course implementing the new feedback as new features!

Other places to find me or follow this project! (Official Links)

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Slimorphorm/
Discord: https://discord.gg/5yHm93k
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:04:50 PM by PixeliteStudio » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic