Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:04:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMollycoddle Mayhem - Single / Couch co-op, casual 3D game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mollycoddle Mayhem - Single / Couch co-op, casual 3D game  (Read 1427 times)
rshum85
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »

Download Link - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G7YcOk1DV5826Niw4XD4ukd03YDt8xZf/view?usp=sharing

Rar file, google may complain about previewing it but Download button should be made available.

Hello, my name is Rob and I started Mollycoddle Mayhem (title pending) 6 months ago by myself.
M.M. is a casual, local multi-player coop where you play as a roommate that has been
tasked to care for babies that have been abandoned at the door.

There are a few levels on this demo, some to test out the mechanics (not a tutorial).

INSTRUCTIONS:
-------------
Make the baby happy by feeding milk, mashed avocados/bananas, changing clothes or diapers.
Score is on the top left, and time remaining for the level is on the top right.

Level 1
-------

To mash the avocado / bananas, pick one up and place it in a blender.  Use a bowl to pick it up from the blender
when it's finished.  Interact with the baby to feed!

To change clothes / diaper, grab one and interact with the baby.

To feed milk, grab a jar of milk from the fridge and place it on a table.  Combine it with a bottle and
then interact with the baby.

Level 2
-------

Building on top of Level 1, but this time, certain items will be dirty once used on the baby!
Dirty diapers need to be disposed in the trash can.
Dirty bowls need to be cleaned in the sink before re-use.
Dirty bottles need to be cleaned in the sink before re-use.

Milk coming out of the fridge is too cold for the baby to drink!  We need to heat it up by placing
it in a pot with a stove top.  Combine the warm milk with the bottle and then interact with the baby.

Level 3
-------

Building on top of Level 2, clothes will be dirty once changed!  They can only be re-used when you
place it in the washer along with detergent.  You need both items for the washer to start.

CONTROLS FOR THE DEMO:
-----------------------------
Supports up to 2 players on a conventional keyboard (laptop keyboard can support one player)
AND
Supports up to 3 players on a XBOX 1 / XBox 360 controller when plugged into the laptop/pc

Keyboard player 1:
ESC during a level to pause / go to main menu
WASD to move
Press OR Hold 'K' to interact.  Sinks and babies need to Hold 'K' for interaction.

Player 2:

Xbox 360 / One Controller:
Thumb pad or joystick to move
Press OR Hold 'A' to interact.  Sinks and babies need to Hold 'A' for interaction.

Notes:
-Keyboard is required for the first player.
-Please plug in your controllers after launching the game, sometimes it doesn't work if you plug in before.
-I'm going to completely revamp the controller logic as it's garbage right now.  Looking into 3rd party
for more stability and controller support.

-----------------------------
Any feedback is awesome Smiley, especially in terms of difficulty.  It would be great if you can post
on each level how many points were earned and how many players there were.

Any suggestions to where to move the baby task bar would be great.  I was thinking of moving it to the top
or the bottom but I would need to associate it somehow.

Also, any ideas for progression system.  Do I have all levels unlocked and free to play?  Should I make it so you have to earn points to unlock?

SYSTEM REQ:
--------------------
8GB of ram?
...I honestly don't really know.  I think any computer newer than 2009 will run fine =D

FUTURE PLANS:
--------------------
-More characters
-More variations in levels, and number of levels
-Much better controller support
-Working GUI
-Need ideas for a progression system
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 04:39:04 PM by rshum85 » Logged
rshum85
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:18:13 PM »

Uploaded a new video of some friends playing the game:

Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »

Tested - Here's my Feedback

Foreword
Iam not a native English speaker so if you dont know what i mean with a specific phrase, or my wording is way off, tell me. I am happy to try to reform my sentences and phrasings.

Level-Design in General:
Well, i kind of liked it. Everything was very intuitive. Blender is for mashing stuff, Fridge contains Milk and so on.

Sound(s)/Music:
It takes roughly 10 Seconds to annoy me with Music. But if the Music fits and is decently enough to be in the background, i am happy to leave it in default state. It was a fitting monotone styled music theme for me.

Movement / Interaction:
This, in the end, threw me off and prevented me from testing the third level. It seems you have to press yourself against whatever you want to interact with and then hit the interaction key. And when stuff is laying on the ground, it often is very annyoing to pick things up again. So, the Interaction was not too intuitive. Even that i got it right (plate -> blender -> food) it didnt react.

I read instructions then and thought "I did it right? But why didnt it work" until i figured out that i have to keep pressing in the direction of the interactible to interact with it.

Overall, neat management game. Quite fun actually. Keep on doing it please.
rshum85
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »

Tested - Here's my Feedback

Foreword
Iam not a native English speaker so if you dont know what i mean with a specific phrase, or my wording is way off, tell me. I am happy to try to reform my sentences and phrasings.

Level-Design in General:
Well, i kind of liked it. Everything was very intuitive. Blender is for mashing stuff, Fridge contains Milk and so on.

Sound(s)/Music:
It takes roughly 10 Seconds to annoy me with Music. But if the Music fits and is decently enough to be in the background, i am happy to leave it in default state. It was a fitting monotone styled music theme for me.

Movement / Interaction:
This, in the end, threw me off and prevented me from testing the third level. It seems you have to press yourself against whatever you want to interact with and then hit the interaction key. And when stuff is laying on the ground, it often is very annyoing to pick things up again. So, the Interaction was not too intuitive. Even that i got it right (plate -> blender -> food) it didnt react.

I read instructions then and thought "I did it right? But why didnt it work" until i figured out that i have to keep pressing in the direction of the interactible to interact with it.

Overall, neat management game. Quite fun actually. Keep on doing it please.

Thank you very much for your feedback!  I'm sorry you didn't want to play the 3rd level. 

Regarding music, I might change it or turn it off for now.  It's very hard to find music that applies to the game and at the same time, sound good for everyone.

I 100% agree with the interaction.  I am going to make it more sensitive in the future so that it's much easier.  My friends had trouble triggering the interactions as well, so this is something I am addressing.
Pixel.ABCD
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 01:32:10 AM »

Hi, I trie to play. I went with xbox controller but buttons doesn't seem to work at least for me? I tried to play with keyboard, also held down K to the desired items and i do not know, it just didn't work for me or I did something wrong.

Also when I tried to change input on the run from xbox to keyboard, keyboard didn't read input on me. So I had to restart for that. When I alt+tabbed few times to check on guides here, game lost input from keyboard and gamepad as well. None worked.

Sorry I couldn't provide more feedback.
rshum85
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!  Sorry for the long reply.  I was busy with developing more levels.  I have made some changes with the controls and hope they will provide a better experience.

I also uploaded a newer version of the demo, so be sure to check it out!  A lot of the newer levels are not in the demo as I want to keep it a surprise Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic