Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:35:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkNeed a Pixel Artist for Game Boy Color Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need a Pixel Artist for Game Boy Color Game  (Read 847 times)
esotericsean
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2019, 08:13:54 PM »

Hey guys, I'm making a game for Game Boy Color called Suzy's Diary. I've started making some assets—you can see Suzy herself in my avatar here, and I've made a couple items of furniture.

I'm looking for a pixel artist to help me create some or the rest of the assets for the game. It's a top-down adventure game somewhat similar in style to Link's Awakening DX. I'm coding the game to be for Game Boy Color, but will be backwards compatible with Pocket and DMG.

There are some very specific guidelines that will need to be followed. Each sprite is 8x8 pixels, so many assets will have to be meta-sprites (combined sets of 8x8 tiles). Also, each 8x8 sprite is limited to 4 colors, but for moveable sprites like characters the transparent background counts as a color so there are only 3 colors to work with. If you look at my avatar here, Suzy is made of up 4 tiles. The top two use one color palette (black border, brown hair, and skin) and the bottom two use a different palette (black border, pink dress, and skin).

The basic idea of the game is that you'll be jumping into a diary and visiting different worlds. Similar to how Link visits dungeons. The "overworld" will be Suzy's house and the "dungeons" will be various worlds from inside her diary.

Looking for quotes and portfolios from pixel artists. Maybe a price per meta-sprite since the amount of sprites needed isn't finalized yet.
nina840
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »

Sent a message PM. Toast Left
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic