Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:53:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallErrro - My Puzzle Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Errro - My Puzzle Game  (Read 1197 times)
psyguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 20, 2009, 06:52:53 PM »

Hi.  Smiley

A while back I started working on a Flash-based puzzle game.  I finished most of the gameplay code (fundamental mechanics), and then I burnt out or something for a while.

Recently, I finally recovered my interest in the game.  I also decided to not use Flash anymore; I couldn't really get the performance I wanted from it.  (I'm no flash expert, though.  Smiley )

Today I have finally finished Errro.  I am very happy with the way it has turned out!  The game features a pretty diverse set of objects; this allows for a good diversity in the puzzles from level to level.  Errro has 50 levels (and 15 tutorial levels).  Also, the game comes with a downloading mechanism that allows you to continue to find new levels to play.

The creative sort out there (and I have a suspicion there might be one or two on a forum like this, just maybe... Tongue) might enjoy using the built-in level editor to make their own levels, too.  Although I made the levels so long ago (a couple of months or more) that I've forgotten their exact solutions (and thus can play them kind of like new), it'd definitely be cool to play some truly new levels as well.  Wink

Okay, I hope I haven't droned on for too long.  I'd like to include a screenshot first so that you have an idea of the game's appearance.

I have a Windows version and a Source version.  The Windows version will work right away.  For the Source version, you need the following: python (2.4 might be preferable), pygame, and pyopengl.  This sounds a little menacing, but if there's one thing easy about linux (in my experience), it's installing libraries like those.  Smiley  (I don't have enough experience with Mac to know either way...)

Links!  Smiley

Windows version - Errro (~8MB)
Source version - Errro source (4MB)

If you have any trouble running it (particularly from source), just let me know and I'll try my best to help.  Smiley
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 08:29:26 PM »

This is a pretty neat concept!  I'm gonna keep hacking away at it... these levels are tough, even the easy ones  Shocked

A tutorial would be ni-- oh a readme.  Nevermind.  Tongue

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
psyguy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »

Thanks for trying it out Aquin.  I know the levels are fairly challenging, but I think for the most part they're challenging in a good way.  =)

I wanted to mention that I uploaded a slightly-revised version (at the same URLs as the original post).  It adds a fullscreen mode option, and it also adds an "undo move" feature in case you accidentally make a small mistake on a level.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic