Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 08:14:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCrossbones- a totally inaccurate pirate simulator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crossbones- a totally inaccurate pirate simulator  (Read 424 times)
BravePenguin
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »

Hi guys, this started out as a week-long private project, which I then decided to develop further. I'm fairly new to coding and game development (previously from an art background), so I am constantly still learning new stuff and having fun.

What is Crossbones

In Crossbones, you start your journey as a young man/woman, heading out on your first small vessel. The game will chart your journey from novice outlaw, to feared Pirate Captain.

Gameplay

Sailing is handled in an easy to grasp WASD fashion, simple controls for movement and shooting (Left and Right Mouse buttons).

The player must sail the seas, defeating other ships (merchants, Navy and rival Pirate captains) and discovering hidden treasure on the many scattered islands, to sell at ports.

How the other factions react to meeting you, will depend on your notoriety. Upsetting one Pirate Captain, may put you in good graces with another.

From your starting raft, you must upgrade your ship. At first, to sloops or polynesian inspired Voyaging Canoes, then to 3 mast pirate galleons, as you gain enough resources. If you are sunk, it's back to your starting raft!

Well, that's all for this first post. I just wanted to introduce my game and myself. In my next post I'll go into more depth with a couple of the systems and hopefully have more stuff implemented into the game.

Thanks for reading

Brave Penguin

BravePenguin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 04:19:38 AM »

Sprites

I thought I'd share a few of my initial sprites for the game

Player-Captain-Male                                                                 Lacey-NPC-Pirate

Ship Crew

Turtle

CowDog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic