Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:44:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWhiskers & Wags - a plaformer "clean-em-up"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Whiskers & Wags - a plaformer "clean-em-up"  (Read 13304 times)
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »

Hey, I just wanted to point out; avatars are supposed to be 100x100 pixels, and the forum doesn't automatically resize them, so your profile pic has a scrollbar for me. Just thought I'd let you know Hand Thumbs Up Right
Thanks for that! ^^;

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 10:10:39 PM »

I finally have the logo finished for the project :D (there are a few minor things I'll be tweaking with it but for the most part it's ready!

I decided to visualize it as an acronym as opposed to spelling it all out because that would be a bit much in my opinion. To help, I emphasized the main elements of the title. Seems to get the point across well enough.

Then here's a banner I made for the project. Now that I've got all this out of the way, it's back to workin' on the remaining assets for the demo. Smiley

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:19:53 AM by Aw0 » Logged

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »

Down-tilt (or down + attack while on the ground) is finally in-game! If an enemy is airborne it spikes them straight down.

Enemies also account for the player's current speed when attacked so that combos aren't dropped as easily while moving.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 10:36:57 AM »

These animations are top notch, dang. Already looks like it would be super fun to mess around in!

velocirection
Level 2

Your favorite pizza raptor game developer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »

AwO what's this!? Love the logo, very nice design.

https://twitter.com/velocirection
(WARNING- NSFW, 18+! Adults only!)
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 10:40:35 AM »

These animations are top notch, dang. Already looks like it would be super fun to mess around in!

Thanks, bud! :D

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 10:41:01 AM »

AwO what's this!? Love the logo, very nice design.

Lol, thank you! This took a good while to figure out

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2019, 11:20:10 AM »

New Enemy: Dust Mouse

These guys are way more aggressive than the little dust bunnies. Dust Mice chase you if you get within their range and charge at you. During the wind-up of the attack, they're invulnerable.

Constantly improving how it feels to clean up stuff and adding more objects to clean

Lastly, knocking enemies into dirty objects or dust bits can clear it away.

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 02:33:35 PM »

Been hard at work improving the animations!

Also adjusted how calling for a love note works to give a better visual indicator.

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »

subscribing with a urge to clean my room

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2019, 07:31:09 PM »

subscribing with a urge to clean my room

lol, I appreciate it

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »

Demo showcase featuring audio!

provided by https://twitter.com/H3metZ (music)
& https://twitter.com/BrentRichard_ (sound effects)

also here's a few environment screenshots

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2019, 12:54:48 PM »

Hey all, back with some updates! Combo mechanics are improving a ton and I've got a bunch of new animations in the works.

I’ve also added in a bit of combo balancing. After a while your “air jumps” during combo hits run out and you’ll start falling. Using your second jump resets it, allowing air combos to continue.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2019, 02:16:44 PM »

I wonder if I'll be able to keep up with all these fighting game-esque combos, but when this releases I'm sure as heck gonna try because these sprite animations look adorable!

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2019, 02:40:28 PM »

I wonder if I'll be able to keep up with all these fighting game-esque combos, but when this releases I'm sure as heck gonna try because these sprite animations look adorable!

haha thanks! Looking forward to seeing the kinds of combos people will come up with

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2019, 02:51:05 PM »

Workin' on making the clean up part feel more fun. Furniture bounces, dust piles hide items within, and you can combo them.

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2019, 09:10:14 AM »

Furniture is seeing a lot of improvement  Smiley

linebyline
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2019, 02:18:27 PM »

This game makes me happy just looking at it. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it just looks like it feels good to play.

My only complaint is there's an awful lot of gray. Watching the video, I kept wondering why you were bypassing dirty objects, when in fact you had already cleaned them. I eventually noticed the sparkles around clean objects, but they weren't enough to stop my brain from filing the dark to medium gray objects under "still dusty."

That aside, the game looks incredible. It has cute characters and a fun premise. Like a lot of my favorite games, it throws realism to the wind, fully willing to admit that it is a video game. (Who builds a house like that? Nobody! Who cares? Let's get cleaning!)

I can't wait to play it.
Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2019, 05:52:33 PM »

This game makes me happy just looking at it. I can't put my finger on it exactly but it just looks like it feels good to play.

My only complaint is there's an awful lot of gray. Watching the video, I kept wondering why you were bypassing dirty objects, when in fact you had already cleaned them. I eventually noticed the sparkles around clean objects, but they weren't enough to stop my brain from filing the dark to medium gray objects under "still dusty."

That aside, the game looks incredible. It has cute characters and a fun premise. Like a lot of my favorite games, it throws realism to the wind, fully willing to admit that it is a video game. (Who builds a house like that? Nobody! Who cares? Let's get cleaning!)

I can't wait to play it.

Thanks man Smiley lol,  yeah level design is weird atm. But as I get the mechanics figured out, I'll do what I can to make it look  lot better haha

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2019, 06:01:58 PM »

Hey all, I'm back! With a ton of content to share  Smiley

Firstly, new HUD

Also been making tremendous progress to the combat system. It now encourages mixing up combos as opposed to spam/button mashing. Think of it like Turbo Mode in modded Smash Bros. When a hit connects, you're able to cancel into another attack easily. Using the same move more than once in a row doesn't allow for seamless combinations. Soon the player will be rewarded for getting in as many hits as they can before finishing off the enemy with a heavier attack.

Enemies can now fight back against the player's cleaning! Defeat them quick before they can reclaim the area.

Running low? Belle, Twinkelen's cleaning cart has ya covered. Just hit the "reload" button near it and you'll receive helpful items. After dispensing an item there will be a cooldown period.

Also, I'm here to announce that a demo is coming soon. Stay tuned for more info on that  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic