Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 02:58:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDevader
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Devader  (Read 761 times)
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2019, 04:27:15 AM »

I've been working on Devader for nearly 4 years now and just made a new demo for Windows 64bit.
http://www.falkenbrew.com/demo/devader-demo-win64.zip

Still working on Mac and Linux demo. Happy about any kind of Feedback!

my very quiet Discord: https://discord.gg/ggCFhTy

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 07:34:30 AM »

Hey marcgfx,

I played your game.  I recorded it and my thoughts:

marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 04:20:53 PM »

Wow thanks! Hey that framerate was scary, what on earth are you running Shocked  Cheesy. Seemed to be constantly below 20fps
There is an option to decrease resolution, that helps a lot with a slow graphic card. I guess the recording doesnt help. The game already set the visuals to low, but maybe I should auto-reduce resolution as well.

Was cool to listen to your commentary, thanks! No idea how you could enjoy the game or find it smooth at that rate Embarrassed

Narsiph
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »

Hey, i played your game and here's some Feedback:

First of all: I really like Horde-Shooters. Easy to grasp and worthwhile every now and then for some time. I kinda do a super top-of-the-shelf critique: The music is... to nervewrecking and annoying for me. It fits the game but i kinda dig techno-styled background music.

Else, the Sounddesign was neat, it was not annoying and i kind of saw everything on screen. Also the enemies are neat, not the standard zombie-alien-super-stuff-whatever. It kind of mixes tower defence with horde-shooter. I like it.

The Upgrades, on the other Hand, are - rather boring. I have the feeling, beside of Nuke/- and your Tower-Choice nothing much more follows up to that. Upgrade that give you a 'percentage this, percentage that' are, to me personal, always boring as heck. I always feel they could be boss-pickups and instead you unlock cool (activated) abilities and you have to make a tough choice how you wanna play the game.

Overall, iam very anticipating the game's release and i put it on my wishlist. Allthough, i tend to only buy games on sales ^^

Thanks for sharing your demo and keep on developing.

Stay crunchy.
marcgfx
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 01:41:58 AM »

hey narsiph, thanks a lot for your feedback! I guess some people might want to turn off the music, but it will never by good for everyone I guess? I actually received some similiar critique from another gamer, saying that the upgrades are boring. I've spent over a week adding "skills", but only on the higher difficulty levels. The skills are a one off choice with your first upgrade. Not sure if it feels plastered on atm but I enjoy it myself.

Thanks a lot for wish-listing. Not sure how to handle sales though... hm. I was originally planning to just never put it on sale, but that's probably dumb.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic